Any comments of this new Bd15 cabinet ? (BD-Design)

by angeloitacare, Sunday, February 11, 2007, 02:59 (6292 days ago) @ Ivo

hi Ivo

thanks for your comments.

To be honest, I don't like it at all. Speaking as a part-time graphic designer: It's big, it seems proportionately unbalanced.

If you give a look at my first post, the first attempt i've done, the cabinet was quit smaller. But Bert and other's recommend me to make it bigger, as the intern volume was not big enough.
So i tried to get as close as possible to the volume of the BD15, as it seems that this will give the best results.

and it draws too much attention to itself.

what do u meen with that ?

Speaking as a consumer: I recognise the three popular mainstream speakers that DIY-ers are all cloning. That doesn't seem very exclusive to me and it would be hard to ask a lot of money for such a speaker.

I have no idea what mainstream speakers diy'ers are cloning. My inspiration where the designs of following speaker's : magico mini's, ushers BE's, and tad reference one. I took design element's of these, and mixed it with some own idea's.

I think Bert has done a good job of making bass cabinets that harmonise well with the Oris horns (I'm referring to both reference and swing cabinets). I think it's no coincidence that he did this by combining the extravagant, round horns in pearl-metallic paint with unobtrusive, rectangular (reference) or flattish (Swing) boxes. Any redesign should probably start with the same basis.

I agree that Bert has done a nice job. But i don't think it is necessary to take his design as base.

But by all means, design it the way you like it. After all, it's all about *you*.

U are right. Some attention is not bad for my ego...:cool:

as you are a designer too, why don't u draw something too in your free time, may it results to something very different, that can make success ?

Angelo

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread