Any comments of this new Bd15 cabinet ? (BD-Design)

by PeterSt. ⌂ @, Netherlands, Friday, February 09, 2007, 07:03 (6293 days ago) @ angeloitacare

Hmm ...

Beauuuuuuuuutiful.

If you are in this "stage" anyway, try to incorporate the Utra's horn ! (but see more below).
Also note that the port you have at the front now, could be at the bottom (down fireing). It might bring you an additional 30-50 liters, although I wouldn't know what the minimal distance must be from the port to the baseplate.

Personally I would tilt the upper horn, so it becomes in line with the tilted woofer (and both shine a bit upwards, which I think is good (a bit depending on the hight of the upper horn).
Btw, the upper horn is tilted a bit already (unintentionally I think).
I you don't like the tilting, or it just doesn't work out, then it would be my idea to mount the bass driver exactly vertically, like the upper horn.

Lastly, from an architectural point of view, right now much is achieved by the edges of the upper horn curled backwards, that being in harmony with the same complementary curve just below it from the bass driver / baffle. The upper horn won't be like that in reality I think, unless it will be made like that.

Also from architectural point of view, the Ultra's bass horn won't do good to this beautiful design. But maybe by your hands it will ?

:clapping:
Peter

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread