A very good Lowther design that emerged.... (News)

by GC, Sunday, October 07, 2007, 21:54 (6067 days ago) @ Bert
edited by GC, Sunday, October 07, 2007, 22:16

Hi Gordan & Bert

Oh...see myself mentioned, so a reply is wanted? :wink:

Well, I have not heard the nice Lowther equiped speakers yet, and I do not expect more than all my own Lowther attempts showed and not more than I heard elsewhere where Lowthers were treated to the unlimited.

There is no real highs and there is no real lows in Lowther based constructions. Period. CaNot be done.

Either it is as you say Gordan, an "empty" bass sounding as a bass :shame:. There is IMO no way you can release a 30 Hz true saturated and in phase true tone, no matter what kind of passive amplification is added. Electrically or passive cabinet constructions.
Highs are not present and the peaks, no matter what cabinet is in use, are +- 10 db's. Scouts honor. No cabinets changes that.

With this I do not mean the Lowthers in any cabinet is not reproducing nice music. It has always been astonishing to hear it's smack which almost make you forgive it's imperfections.

I had my period with fullrange speakers, but it is only due to what the Swings are able to. :cool:

Gordan we shall of course meet and have fun with the tenor and Bert comming to Belgrade soon is of course a honor, as it were last time he was here. Now he being a year older, hahaha, and I didn't change my age in the meantime, maybe we can find some proper decent entertainment next time. :grin:

GC

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread