Lowther will be back here again... (News)

by Bert @, Friday, September 21, 2007, 16:46 (6083 days ago) @ leifchristensen

Hi Leif,

I honestly thought you were finished with the Lowthers (due to their
inherent colourations) when you started with AER? What´s changed?

No, the only reason was the manipulating part. Lowthers do have something that other drivers fail to do...

Lowthers do have their inherent colourations limiting the use of them to specific types of music, especially when used full-range. Playing small classical ensembles, Jazz, Vocals and such is not their major problem.

Playing a big orchestra or popular music is not something that a Lowther is doing too well, the AER is a lot better in that aspect making it a more suitable driver for multi purpose use but trading dynamics in return and that is where the Lowthers are still unbeatable among the full-range drive unit range.

I also sell Fostex drive units which are not all better than a Lowther but do give a decent quality for the money paid. Similar to the Hemp Acoustics drive units, low priced and seem to be able to produce an even and balanced sound from how they are build, perhaps even better than Fostex drive units (thinking of the Quasar and the Singular).

There is a lot of music to be found with full-range drive units. Not perfect though but thinking about simplicity and without using crossovers it shows things very much related to the music itself where normal hifi systems fail...

I am always looking for the best but also in terms of value for money and musicality.

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread