Intro + Room EQ (BD-Design)

by Kristo, Thursday, February 27, 2020, 14:57 (1519 days ago)
edited by Kristo, Thursday, February 27, 2020, 15:07

Hi all,

My name is kristo, and this is my first time here! I'm currently in the process of building out my sound system for two purposes: (a) for at home daily listening, and (b) for use in a small "party" like setting, where music is the focus and is used to provide an emotional experience over a night (as in, it's not just about dancing or feeling happy the whole time).

At the moment I own a set of Klipsch Cornwall IIs, but I will soon be purchasing a pair of Oris 150s and MiniDSP ICE125 (DSP + amp) for the low end. Initially, the Oris horns will be sitting on top of my Cornwalls and I will use the woofer in that enclosure with the Oris horn. Eventually I hope to expand to a 4 point system with custom bass horns. We'll see.

Anyways, right now I am taking my first stab at making my everyday listening room sound better. It currently feels bright/painful at higher volume levels and with more active music. I got a mic and REW, and here are my first measurements taken at listening position. I'm curious to know what y'all think.

SPL in the bass frequencies
[image]

SPL 20-20k Hz, 1/6th smooth
[image]

Waterfall 20-400hz, 0-500ms
[image]

Full Waterfall 0-300ms
[image]

Now, this is my first time interpreting these graphs and I have very little in terms of reference, but this is what I gather from them:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread