Creativity is back... (BD-Design)

by Telstar, Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 01:14 (5398 days ago) @ Bert

Guido,

No, you are right. But the ripoles that Rudolf designed for me have resonance at 300hz and i will cross around 200. Yeah, the filters will be steep and for sure in digital. If they can work well, your enclosure design could be my definitive one :)

Keep me posted about those and soon enough the first real panels should be ready...

Bert

As said in the other thread i ditched the Ripole option, but i'm still considering the 2x10" in a setup like the Diamonds.

I dont remember when i updated you on my Hemps, anyway, in the current baffles (20mm plywood, simulated trapezoid shape), they behave much better than my ears would tell me.
I did some measurements and more are to be done. So far, they are pretty smooth!
the aNoyance in the voice range must be only energy storage. i dont know exactly how this hapens but i know for sure now that is something that i hate.
Also i hate non linear distortions, in particular the ones that raise dramatically playing louder. My woofers are able to sustain way more power than the Hemps. I think this is a problem of most fullranges, esp. the ones with low Xmax.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think that the cause is the bicone, which is just paper and therefore limits the hemp benefits to <2k. Way too low. Anyway, they go really high. the rolloff starts at 17.5k and is smooth. figures, i reduced other 2db at 20k, which helps with my current source that is not state of the art.

Still thinking of replacements, not much in a hurry. Researching and planning. I know i'll stick with dipole and a widerange of some kind, with or without a (passive) tweeter on top. Heils are currently my favourites.

Anyway, I'm gathering experience. I need more and more auditions before finding "my way".

Cheers,
Guido

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread