Please, describe the difference! (Swing)

by GC, Sunday, July 10, 2005, 23:02 (6867 days ago) @ GC

Hi Steve

Yes I can.

The SWING out-performs all DIY ORIS's due to probably several factors. One of them for sure is the unique cabinet construction with it's unique leight weight composit wood, allmost non-parallel walls, the cellular standing wave cancellation structure, the aperiodic BR system, the isobarik driver constalation and the use of the BD30 amp..

So the big difference is mainly to be found in the bass system. But having said that, the extreme quality of the bass system naturally has a great impact of the ORIS 200's performance due to the fact that it couples fault free and seemless to the upper horn.

The bass from the SWING's are simply so clean, so full-bodied, so fast that it matches the speed and caracter of the ORIS 200's with excellence.

Therefore unsurpassed integrity. Therefore unsurpassed uniform sound.
Further Bert has introduced the following features:

* The highs can be adjusted to taste by use of a 2-step notch
* The line filter can be adjusted in 5 different settings
* A switch allows a filter to cut the low's for the ORIS 200's = insane listening levels are at hand.

Anyhow Bert can explain all that better than I can.

You asked about the sound difference between the SWING's and the COMPACT's:

If the SWING ranks 10 on a scale from 0-10, the COMPACT ranks 6. Other ORIS DIY may rank higher. I don't know.

The sound of the SWING differ from the COMPACT by showing a much more profound true low range performance. From the mids and down the SWING is far superior showing better transparancy, dynamics and speed. The distortion is audible lower and the reproduction of the records intend's are more true and fidel.

The bass cabinet seems also to contribute more to the nature of music compared to the COMPACT cabinet.

The blend between the bass and mid/highs is awesome good and leaves you with a source talking ONE language.

Now that comparing ORIS with ORIS is perhaps a bit unfair. All ORIS constructions have the same sound signature. Namely Bert's commitment to offer the best for the most no-nonsence price.

Should I compare the SWING's with other brands appealing to be titeled "the world best system", things are becomming much more clear.

I'm not to judge what people like. I just made my choice which speakers I would bring to a sole island living the rest of my life.

Best regards
GC

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread