Revelation Calculation. (BD-Design)

by Richard Dalemark, Friday, December 30, 2022, 22:07 (482 days ago)

Hi Bert.

I've been Calculated a bit on the general recommended slot area on slobs. That is 1/4-1/3 Sd for drivers with Xmax < 5 mm, and no less than 1/3 Sd for drivers with Xmax = 5 mm and more. Rear slot opening should be 1-1/2 Sd. This is based on bsm 12s330 drivers.

This gives the following for Revelation slot. Gap width front = 93 mm, gap width rear 2 x 120 mm.

I understand the Revelation has adjustable baffles, but my question is how large an opening are these optimal for? Would you say these slobs are efficient?

Regards Richard

Revelation Calculation.

by Bert @, Saturday, December 31, 2022, 19:52 (481 days ago) @ Richard Dalemark

Hi Richard,

I understand the Revelation has adjustable baffles, but my question is how large an opening are these optimal for? Would you say these slobs are efficient?

The smaller the slots the more noise (moving air at relative high excursion) will be become audible, the bigger the slots the higher the acoustical crossover frequency.... but in general the slots are not too critical for efficiency.

You could make the rear slots in the Revelation matching the front slots by adding extra panels but it will not be too audible when using it as bass system/subwoofer.

Kind Regards,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Revelation Calculation.

by Richard Dalemark, Sunday, January 01, 2023, 12:44 (480 days ago) @ Bert

What do you think is the upper part frequency on these? Are there any measurements with 12' drivers?

Revelation Calculation.

by Bert @, Sunday, January 01, 2023, 13:56 (480 days ago) @ Richard Dalemark

Hi Richard,

What do you think is the upper part frequency on these? Are there any measurements with 12' drivers?

I do not know... not too high (<300Hz) due to reflections giving peaks and dips.

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

RSS Feed of thread