Another question about the Revelation (BD-Design)

by leovandoorn, Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 18:44 (787 days ago)

I am thinking about replacing my ref2010 with the shortened Oris150, by the Revelation in a halfsize form with two bd15 drivers per side. It will allow me to use all four of this wonderfull bass speaker that I have.
Is this a good plan?
Up to what crossover frequency do you expect I can use this version of the Revelation?

Thank you for tour attention Bert,

Leo

Another question about the Revelation

by Bert @, Thursday, February 24, 2022, 09:35 (786 days ago) @ leovandoorn

Hi Leo,

I am thinking about replacing my ref2010 with the shortened Oris150, by the Revelation in a halfsize form with two bd15 drivers per side. It will allow me to use all four of this wonderfull bass speaker that I have.

Is this a good plan?

Sure! Crossing at 300Hz should not be a problem but then with DSP. It will be far more easy to EQ and fine tune the crossover.

But why would you want to change? I mean, the Revelation will provide a much cleaner bass... but lacking (for some people) the pressurizing of the room.

Where is the bass? :dntknw:

It takes time to get used but after a few weeks you do not want to return back...

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

by leovandoorn, Thursday, February 24, 2022, 14:55 (786 days ago) @ Bert

Thank you Bert!
Cleaner sounds fine with me. I will get started on this recalculated version of the Revelation and report back. Any suggestions on starting values for the DSP?

But don't hold your breath for my report, the building may take some time :smile:

by Bert @, Saturday, February 26, 2022, 11:17 (784 days ago) @ leovandoorn

Hi Leo,

Any suggestions on starting values for the DSP?

No, it depends on what you use for the mid-high range, placement in relation to the bass enclosure and partly your room as well.

Best is to measure and then adjust for optimal integration.

But don't hold your breath for my report, the building may take some time :smile:

I can wait... :grin:

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

by leovandoorn, Saturday, February 26, 2022, 14:28 (784 days ago) @ Bert

I will measure and try to get it right, but first saving up for the wood with these crazy prices of today...

RSS Feed of thread