Revelation questions (BD-Design)

by Boyan @, Friday, June 18, 2021, 17:34 (1014 days ago)

Hello all,

I am considering building the Revelation and have some questions for Bert, if he can be kind to answer
What would be the best crossover point for the bass
Should one wire the speakers that are in dipole configuration with reverted phase?
What would be the sufficient power to drive the 8 speakers, if one uses the beyma 112n?
And last, are there plans for the 15 inch version?

Thank you in advance for your recommendation

Boyan

Revelation questions

by Bert @, Friday, June 18, 2021, 19:52 (1014 days ago) @ Boyan

Hi Boyan,

What would be the best crossover point for the bass

This depends on the horns used on top... but more important is to EQ the deeper bass for more output.

Beyma PA drivers have a relative low QTS meaning that the bass is dropping faster than a high Qts driver. Furthermore the Revelation is an open system suffering from cancellation between the front of the driver and rear as with all open panel systems.

Both drop-off's should be EQ-ed and the best way to do that is using DSP.

Should one wire the speakers that are in dipole configuration with reverted phase?

All in the same positive phase...

What would be the sufficient power to drive the 8 speakers, if one uses the beyma 112n?

The same for all 8ohm drivers (15 or 12"); If you have only one amplifier per channel then the best way is to connect the opposite drivers in parallel and both bottom and top sections in series, this way the amplifier has 8ohm as load.

If you have an Hypex or miniDSP ICE plate amp for each channel then you can use both internal amps, one for the top section and one for the bottem section. Both these amps then see 4 ohms load which they can handle just fine.

And last, are there plans for the 15 inch version?

Yes, there is but then you'll loose the empty space at the bottom where you can now mount the DSP-Plate amp to drive the bass section.

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Revelation questions

by Boyan @, Saturday, June 19, 2021, 14:19 (1013 days ago) @ Bert

I plan to use the Revelation with my Oris150s, at the moment I use them with lascala bass bins crossed at 180hz and eq’d with minidsp, only the bass, the horns are fullrange. I wanted to build the REF2010, but Revelation would be better I think and looks cool. I will be using a stand-alone amp, so no problem with the missing compartment at the bottom. If you be so kind to share the plans for the 15 inch version, or should I just increase the ratio of the 12 inch plan?

Boyan

Revelation questions

by Bert @, Sunday, June 20, 2021, 14:04 (1012 days ago) @ Boyan

Hi Boyan,

If you be so kind to share the plans for the 15 inch version, or should I just increase the ratio of the 12 inch plan?

I do not have 2D drawing, only a 3D model from which you could take dimensions.

Or simply just scaling up the ratio fro the 12" version.

Bert

--

Revelation questions

by Boyan @, Monday, June 21, 2021, 07:45 (1011 days ago) @ Bert

I think I will stick to the 12 inch version, I found very good price for Beyma 12br70. What do you think about this speaker with fs 31Hz and QTS 0,5?

Boyan

Revelation questions

by Bert @, Monday, June 21, 2021, 10:09 (1011 days ago) @ Boyan

I think I found very good price for Beyma 12br70. What do you think about this speaker with fs 31Hz and QTS 0,5?

It is cheap but the sound is not good, the 112 sounds much better in the Revelation.

It does not fit either, the surround is sticking out in front of the frame.

For ultra low frequenties only it might work.

Bert

--

Revelation questions

by RLRB, Saturday, August 07, 2021, 22:27 (964 days ago) @ Bert

Hello,can I see the revelation bass system? Plus put a photo. I am also user of Oris but with ripoles.
Thanks

Revelation questions

by Boyan @, Monday, August 09, 2021, 09:42 (962 days ago) @ RLRB

I am in the process of building it, soon I will post photos. The biggest problem for me are the wooden panels on both sides

BR
Boyan

Revelation questions

by Bert @, Monday, August 09, 2021, 17:53 (962 days ago) @ RLRB

This is a 15" version, the 12" version will have a bottom cavity to put an amplifier underneath....

[image]

This one has extra front panels. Not needed for performance, only to make it look more :cool:

--

RSS Feed of thread