Filter settings hypex Ref2010 Oris250 (BD-Design)

by basschecker @, Rostock Germany, Tuesday, April 27, 2021, 19:08 (1093 days ago)

A few weeks ago, I was able to purchase a preowned pair of hypex psc 2.400d.
This pair has been build into a housing and slightly modified by Martion, for powering a pair of active bullfrogs.
I bought it, hoping to achieve a decent upgrade from my previous setup, which was an Adcom GfA 555II and a minidsp for my Ref 2010 with BD 15, connected to my Audio Note M1 Phono preamp. On the second Pre-Out of my Preamp, a pair of Oris 250 with AER BD3 with an Uchida 2a3 are connected, directly, without any filter/capacitor.
Now I am searching for a bespoke filter setting for this combination.
Could anybody suggest me something proven?
Regards, Martin

Filter settings hypex Ref2010 Oris250

by Bert @, Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 11:05 (1092 days ago) @ basschecker

Hi Martin,

Now I am searching for a bespoke filter setting for this combination.

I do not have any plug-in filter for your Hypex nor MiniDSP.

For starters I would copy the settings from the MiniDSP into the Hypex, adjust the volume to have something similar to start with? Even better would be if you download REW and start to measure so that you can see what you're doing.

The optimal filter depends on your Oris 250 construction (open at the rear or particially close) but also the used amp, especially when driven both mid-high and bass separately from a pre-amplifier. All things changing frequency response and gain...

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Filter settings hypex Ref2010 Oris250

by Gasper @, Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 23:21 (1092 days ago) @ basschecker

Hi Martin,

I have two files for DSP settinds for REF2010/Oris150 that I can send you, if you want. Drop me an e mail...
Gasper

RSS Feed of thread