Super tweeter for Orpean horns (Orphean)

by Jeroen, Monday, February 08, 2021, 17:22 (1144 days ago)

Did anyone tried adding a super tweeter to his or hers Orphean based system?

I'm curious of your opinions or experiments.

The BMS drivers have no lack of treble at all. I think adding a super tweeter could give the sound a bit more air..

Thanks for your respons in advance.

Kind Regards,

Jeroen

Super tweeter for Orpean horns

by Bert @, Tuesday, February 09, 2021, 12:45 (1144 days ago) @ Jeroen

Hi Jeroen,

Nope... I do have the Harmonizer working above 40Khz but that does nog give more "air" nor extra high frequencies.

You could add a tweeter facing backwards or angled up though but it needs an extra amplifier if it does not have enough efficiency to keep up with the Orphean.

But I do not think that it will bring more "air", it will make the sound brighter and probably sharper too...

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Super tweeter for Orpean horns

by Jeroen, Thursday, February 11, 2021, 17:08 (1141 days ago) @ Bert

Hi Jeroen,

Nope... I do have the Harmonizer working above 40Khz but that does nog give more "air" nor extra high frequencies.

You still play with the Harmonizers? I tried them a couple of years ago but they didn't do much in my system.

You could add a tweeter facing backwards or angled up though but it needs an extra amplifier if it does not have enough efficiency to keep up with the Orphean.

I'm aware of that..

But I do not think that it will bring more "air", it will make the sound brighter and probably sharper too...

Ok, that doesn't sound very positive :scared:
I was thinking of a omnidirectional super tweeter. perhaps i build a test model first with cheap tweeters..

Bert

HiSuper tweeter for Orpean horns

by Gasper @, Monday, February 15, 2021, 08:39 (1138 days ago) @ Jeroen

Hi Jeroen,

I found out contrarry; SCHUMANN RESONANCE (7.83 Hz; Kemp's SR plug) give me air, space and 3D presentataion...
:bass:

Cheers, Gasper

RSS Feed of thread