Bert, where do you get your Horns Painted ? ................ (BD-Design)

by Kevin @, Minneapolis, Tuesday, December 08, 2020, 01:38 (1229 days ago)

Curious as to where you get your Horns Painted..... I used a Custom Motorcycle Painter in the Minneapolis Area... They complained about how difficult it was to get the Throat Painted and Sanded (They couldn't get their hands in the cramped space etc.)

Just wondering who do you use to paint your Horns....

Bert, where do you get your Horns Painted ? ................

by Bert @, Tuesday, December 08, 2020, 11:01 (1229 days ago) @ Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Just wondering who do you use to paint your Horns....

I have them painted at a local car repair shop and yes, it is not as simple as most people think hence the relative high price to charge for a professional paint job... :yes:

Cheers,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Were they able to get all the way into the Throat ..........

by Kevin @, Minneapolis, Tuesday, December 08, 2020, 21:20 (1228 days ago) @ Bert
edited by Kevin, Tuesday, December 08, 2020, 22:40

As far as sanding and Painting? --- They did a pretty decent job on mine, but as you get deep into the throat, the surfaces are not quite as smooth as the outside. Does your painter got this all figured out?

Were they able to get all the way into the Throat ..........

by Don Reid, Rural Northwest Georgia, USA, Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 22:26 (1221 days ago) @ Kevin

Kevin, the quite skilled auto body and fender shop which did my Oris 150 horns did an excellent job smoothing and painting the entire horn, inside and out. The throat is as glossy as the remainder of the horn.

RSS Feed of thread