Something new with Orphean (BD-Design)

by avaarni @, Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 11:36 (1562 days ago)

Hi all

Since I have the REF2010 and 4 BD15 drivers in total I wanted to give them something to do.
I have now Hypex settings for two channels. What I notice with this setup that now get the air and more open sound of REF2010 but also the better integrated upper bass/low mids from the modified Oris150 horn in open baffle. I really like what I hear. :smile:

Measurement from listening position without Elac SUB2090 which I use for the lowest bass. If I feel like it. That hump at 60 - 70 hz is always there :unhappy: [image]

[image]

Best regards,
Antti

Something new with Orphean

by Bert @, Thursday, December 19, 2019, 14:20 (1561 days ago) @ avaarni

Hi Antti,

Since I have the REF2010 and 4 BD15 drivers in total I wanted to give them something to do.
I have now Hypex settings for two channels. What I notice with this setup that now get the air and more open sound of REF2010 but also the better integrated upper bass/low mids from the modified Oris150 horn in open baffle. I really like what I hear. :smile:

The bigger the better... :-)

That hump at 60 - 70 hz is always there :unhappy:

You could cure that peak with Hypex? And even EQ rge REF2010 a bit for more deeper bass?

Not that it is needed becaue it could give the impression that the bass is more clean and tight but still, worth to try?

Cheers,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

by avaarni @, Monday, December 23, 2019, 14:13 (1557 days ago) @ Bert

Hi Bert,

I definitely can get deeper bass from Ref2010, here is the measurement when filter is tuned for that and taken from listening spot. In my room deeper bass causes something that I do not like. The curve looks fine to me but still less bass is for my taste. And the 70 hz is unkillable![image]

by Bert @, Monday, December 23, 2019, 17:00 (1557 days ago) @ avaarni

Hi Bert,

I definitely can get deeper bass from Ref2010, here is the measurement when filter is tuned for that and taken from listening spot.

Try the same but then without the bump below 30Hz or better, give it a grsdual slope down to -6dB at 20Hz. This will make the deeper bass sound a lot better..

... And the 70 hz is unkillable!

Not even with a few High Q (negative) boosts?

Bert

PS How does it look when you measure close to the woofer (1cm)?

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

RSS Feed of thread