Orphean filter placement/speaker cables (Orphean)

by Jeroen, Monday, November 25, 2019, 11:36 (1612 days ago)

What would be the ideal placement for the filter of the Orphean horns? Nearby the poweramp or nearby the drivers?
Due to the enclosure of the speakers (no room for a filter) I placed them direct after the poweramp,but Iam not sure this is the way to get the best sound.

Currently the drivers are connected with single wire (0.8 mm) copper in cotton sleeving (to the speaker enclosure) and single wire gold plated copper with teflon sleeving for the internal wires. (see pictures)
Again, I am not sure this is the best way to get the maximum quality out of the horns. Does anyone has got a tip for a diffrent option? I read good reviews of Duelund DCA16GA wire.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Kind Regards,
Jeroen[image][image][image]

Orphean filter placement/speaker cables

by Bert @, Monday, November 25, 2019, 19:23 (1612 days ago) @ Jeroen

Hi Jeroen,

Again, I am not sure this is the best way to get the maximum quality out of the horns. Does anyone has got a tip for a diffrent option? I read good reviews of Duelund DCA16GA wire.

In theory closer to the speaker would be better (think inteference between both mid- and high cables). A large surface of metal too close to the crossover will have its influence but for the rest..

You could flip the situation yourself and try? :grin:

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

by Wilson1, USA, Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 02:40 (1611 days ago) @ Bert

I did end up placing mine super close to the driver. I tried close to the amp as well but for my system at the driver was better. Though in this config I had enough silver coated coper to wire both the mid & high from the xover to driver so it may just be the better wire.

Have fun with the outstanding orphean.

Best Mark

[image]

by Jeroen, Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 16:35 (1611 days ago) @ Bert

Hi Bert,

You're absolutely right, but since I made a XRL connection halfway it's impossible to try it the other way around with the same cables. (I was pleased with the XRL's when buidling the speakers, now I know better :yes: )

Do you have experience with the Duelund cables?

Thanks for your reply in advance

by Wilson1, USA, Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 19:32 (1611 days ago) @ Jeroen

Hi Jeroen... sorry no experience with Duelund cables but have heard good things. For me I have kind of settled on simple single strand silver coated copper.

Best Mark

by Bert @, Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 21:16 (1609 days ago) @ Jeroen

Hi Jeroen,

Do you have experience with the Duelund cables?

Lately not no...

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

by Kevin @, Minneapolis, Sunday, December 01, 2019, 14:56 (1606 days ago) @ Jeroen
edited by Kevin, Sunday, December 01, 2019, 14:59

Not the same design as yourself, but it may give you some other ideas.

I built my own speaker stand, and left enough clearance for the crossover.

[image]

[image]

RSS Feed of thread