Hypex current offerings ................. (BD-Design)

by Kevin @, Minneapolis, Friday, August 09, 2019, 19:23 (1715 days ago)

Since the PSC2.400 Hypex Plate amp is now obsolete according to the Hypex Web site, what are your current recommendations for a Bass Amp?

Hypex current offerings .................

by Bert @, Friday, August 09, 2019, 19:34 (1715 days ago) @ Kevin

Since the PSC2.400 Hypex Plate amp is now obsolete according to the Hypex Web site, what are your current recommendations for a Bass Amp?

Their next level DSP plate amps is a good option but I am also playing around with the MiniDSP ICE125 which is suprisinly good sounding with more easy software to work with and capable to adapt measurements with REW.

For the DIY-er something to consider.

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

by Wilson1, USA, Friday, August 16, 2019, 03:06 (1708 days ago) @ Bert

I can second the MiniDSP. I am using it as the crossover for my compact reference base cabinets. Very easy to use and fantastically flexible. Just put inline between your preamp and amplifier for the base cabinets. Of course I am running the Oris-150's full range.

by Don Reid, Rural Northwest Georgia, USA, Friday, August 16, 2019, 19:17 (1708 days ago) @ Wilson1

I can second the MiniDSP. I am using it as the crossover for my compact reference base cabinets. Very easy to use and fantastically flexible. Just put inline between your preamp and amplifier for the base cabinets. Of course I am running the Oris-150's full range.

Wilson1, I am curious what advantages you find from running your Oris 150s full range. I am using a DEQX HDP-3 DSP to cross over from corner horn bass bins to Oris 150s driven by AER MD-3s. After years of experimentation I found that the smoothest frequency response, best phase response and most pleasing sound resulted from crossing over from bass bins to Oris 150s at 200 Hz with 100 dB/octave slopes. There is also the theoretical advantage derived from relieving the drivers in the Oris 150s from trying to reproduce the deep bass frequencies.

by Wilson1, USA, Saturday, August 24, 2019, 00:48 (1701 days ago) @ Don Reid

Hi Don... I did not want to place a A-D-A conversion or xover into the signal path to the Oris-150's (I'm using the Voxatv AC-2.6 drivers but also have some AER-BD3's). I use the miniDSP in the signal path to the base enclosures and am using a modified linkwitz-16 gradual xover slope starting at 250Hz. I tried a few configs and in my room this seemed to work best.

RSS Feed of thread