Hypex PSC.400 issue (BD-Design)

by mflaten, Saturday, June 08, 2019, 15:03 (1756 days ago)

I know their is much knowledge regarding the Hypex PSC.400 I thought I would run this by the forum. In updating the Hypex PSC.400 I inadvertently stopped the update in the middle of the update. Now it will not connect to the software and the preset lights do not go on. The fuse is good and the amp does heat up. Any advice would be appreciated. It may be just a coincidence the amp stopped working at this exact time but I would doubt it.

Thanks.

Hypex PSC.400 issue

by Bert @, Saturday, June 08, 2019, 17:16 (1756 days ago) @ mflaten

In updating the Hypex PSC.400 I inadvertently stopped the update in the middle of the update. Now it will not connect to the software and the preset lights do not go on.

This means that the firmware is now corrupt which you can't "repair" yourself because it is not communicating anymore, it has to be returned to the manufacturer to be able to have it repaired.

I do have some spare Hypex modules laying around here which you can buy (75 Euro plus shipping) to replace the one you have.

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Hypex PSC.400 issue

by mflaten, Monday, June 10, 2019, 16:28 (1754 days ago) @ Bert

Bert, which module contains the firmware?

Hypex PSC.400 issue

by Bert @, Monday, June 10, 2019, 17:39 (1754 days ago) @ mflaten

The small long one with the XLR in- and outputs connected.

The 2 square PCB's are the amps.

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Hypex PSC.400 issue

by avaarni @, Sunday, June 09, 2019, 13:11 (1755 days ago) @ mflaten

Depending how old these units are they might have "known" issue. I contacted Hypex with serial numbers. In my case they promised to fix my units. Shipping costs go for the customer.

I have 4 units which died! :grazy:

RSS Feed of thread