Driver mount on Oris 150 (Oris Horns)

by Rudy81 @, Dallas, TX, Monday, October 08, 2018, 16:02 (2024 days ago)

Bert,

Question on technique to mount driver on Oris 150. In particular, I plan on upgrading from my Tang Band drivers to some Audio Nirvana Super 8 Alnico drivers. The AN driver mounting surface has a very small and thin area that will contact the Oris mounting ring. Since the Oris material and the driver mounting surface are both hard, I was contemplating adding some auto gasket material to the Oris ring, thus providing for a tough, yet pliable surface that would ensure a good seal.

Does that sound reasonable to you? Any recommendations?

Thank you,
Rudy

Driver mount on Oris 150

by Bert @, Tuesday, October 09, 2018, 08:59 (2023 days ago) @ Rudy81

Hi Rudy,

Since the Oris material and the driver mounting surface are both hard, I was contemplating adding some auto gasket material to the Oris ring, thus providing for a tough, yet pliable surface that would ensure a good seal.

Does that sound reasonable to you? Any recommendations?

Yes, sounds good to me. Or even in combination or just spacers when needed to fit the driver securely without bending the frame of the drivers.

Airtightness is not neccesary simply because there is not too much pressure present..

Cheers,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Driver mount on Oris 150

by Rudy81 @, Dallas, TX, Tuesday, October 09, 2018, 15:47 (2023 days ago) @ Bert

Many thanks Bert.

RSS Feed of thread