Revelation - status of the project (BD-Design)

by Kim, Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 11:42 (2113 days ago)

Hi Bert,

I'm curious about the progress of the Revelation bass system.

The new Hypex Fusions amps looks like an obvious match?

Best Regards,
Kim

Revelation - status of the project

by Bert @, Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 12:00 (2113 days ago) @ Kim

Hi Kim,

I'm curious about the progress of the Revelation bass system.

No progress... done!:yes:

[image]

The new Hypex Fusions amps looks like an obvious match?

Hypex PSC2.400, Hypex PSC2.400d and of course the Hypex Fusion amps (FA502 or FA252) will work flawlessly with the system.

Cheers,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

by Kim, Thursday, July 19, 2018, 11:37 (2112 days ago) @ Bert

Great to see the Revelation is up and running. :smile:

It look a bit different from your drawings by lacking the compartment for the amplifier at the bottom.

I try to get my head around the principle of the bass system.
As I see it its based on the ripole principle by having a very small compression chamber for each driver (the magnet is sticking out of the enclosure).

The area of the vented slots in front of each driver is roughly 1/3 of the drivers effective area. This should speed up the velocity of the air with a factor of 3.
To my understanding the smaller vented slots also act as an acoustic filter - clever move. :cool:

The front area of the slot opening of the loudspeaker itself seems to be quite bigger than the total area of the vented slots for the drivers - roughly a factor of 1.5. Right?

I might be wrong in my way of thinking... I think that the gained speed in velocity of the smaller vented slots for the drivers will be lost in the bigger front slot opening?
If that is true I believe the front slot should have the same total area as the vented slots for the drivers to maintain the gained velocity of air?

BR.
Kim

by Bert @, Wednesday, August 01, 2018, 13:27 (2098 days ago) @ Kim

Hi Kim,

A bit late (forgot to answer...)

It look a bit different from your drawings by lacking the compartment for the amplifier at the bottom.

The picture is made from an 15" version which does not have the space for the amplifer.

To my understanding the smaller vented slots also act as an acoustic filter - clever move. :cool:

Still, not steep enough and with DSP not really something to consider as a bonus.

I might be wrong in my way of thinking... I think that the gained speed in velocity of the smaller vented slots for the drivers will be lost in the bigger front slot opening?

It is tapered... and then still, having it small for 2cm length or 20cm length does not really matter.

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

RSS Feed of thread