Orphean Horn Low Frequency Roll Off (BD-Design)

by George, Thursday, May 17, 2018, 23:06 (2142 days ago)

Hi Bert,

I assume there is a low frequency roll off built into the Orphean Mk 5 crossover, I was just wondering what the recommended low pass frequency would be for the woofer since if the horn goes down to 300Hz, at what frequency/slope should the bass high frequency roll off be to achieve reasonably flat crossover response? 150Hz? 200Hz? At what slope?

Thanks in advance,

George

Orphean Horn Low Frequency Roll Off

by Bert @, Friday, May 18, 2018, 11:01 (2142 days ago) @ George

Hi George,

I assume there is a low frequency roll off built into the Orphean Mk 5 crossover, I was just wondering what the recommended low pass frequency would be for the woofer since if the horn goes down to 300Hz, at what frequency/slope should the bass high frequency roll off be to achieve reasonably flat crossover response? 150Hz? 200Hz? At what slope?

With the M5 the lower crossover point is at 240Hz (-6dB), for the bass this means that the crossover point should be at 240Hz (-6dB) as well with optimally a 48dB slope...

Besides that it's important to have the timing correct (phase!) for optimal integration.

All assuming that your bass design is (corrected) flat to 500Hz to begin with, any irregularities will have negative influence to the final result.

Measuring will besically be needed to know what you're doing...

Cheers,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

RSS Feed of thread