Saviing Volume in my Hypex Presets - Problem (BD-Design)

by Kevin @, Minneapolis, Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 22:00 (2354 days ago)

I have not messed with my Hypex amps in about 3 years, but I thought I'd re-learn stuff in anticipation of my new M5 Crossovers.

I believe that I had saved different volume levels in my 4 presets at one time. However now, It seems to save my last volume setting in all 4 Presets of the Hypex.

I've tried this many times, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I am using the old Hypex software (1 Thing at a time).

Saviing Volume in my Hypex Presets - Problem

by Bert @, Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 22:36 (2354 days ago) @ Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I am using the old Hypex software (1 Thing at a time).

You have to load each preset seperately into the amp.

• Select Preset 1, change things and then load into the amp.
  • Select Preset 2, change things and load this into the amp.

After that you can save the file to your PC to keep the settings.

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

by Kevin @, Minneapolis, Wednesday, October 18, 2017, 00:58 (2354 days ago) @ Bert

Thanks!... I thought I was doing that, but I guess it was not the exact sequence of things. I think I got it working now.

by Kevin @, Minneapolis, Wednesday, October 18, 2017, 01:52 (2354 days ago) @ Bert

One of the problems I am having with my Hypex, is to determine what each Preset is set at. I had thought that if you started up the software and then plugged in the Hypex with it set at Preset 1, it would display the volume info as well as the Crossover setting.

It seems to just display 1000 hz, no matter what your setting is. So, this is confusing to me, unless I'm doing it wrong?

Or, my question is how can you verify what each preset is set at?

by Bert @, Wednesday, October 18, 2017, 13:54 (2354 days ago) @ Kevin

Or, my question is how can you verify what each preset is set at?

The software does not read out the filter settings from the amplifier. You have to load the saved file into the program first if you want to change things.

Except for the control panel which does read out the volume set before and where you can select and also see which one is the active preset.

Bert

--

Saving Volume in my Hypex Presets - Problem

by Kevin @, Minneapolis, Friday, November 03, 2017, 21:18 (2337 days ago) @ Bert
edited by Kevin, Friday, November 03, 2017, 21:26

I'm still having problems with this, and it must be something I'm doing because it is on both of my Hypex amplifiers. I used to do this and it worked just fine.

What I do is

1.) set preset #1 at the amplifier itself.
2.) Plug in my USB cord to the Amp and my PC.
3.) Set it for a volume of -3db and the Filter to 270 hz.
4.) Download it to my Preset #1.

5.) Select preset #2 (either at the amp or the Control panel on my laptop - I've tried it both ways) and Set the volume for 0db and the filter to 270hz.
6.) Download it to my preset #2.

7.) Go back to my Preset #1 and the volume reads 0db, instead of -3db.

I can do this for all 4 of my presets and they all will read the last volume I set it for which is +6db.

Both amps, so I must be doing something wrong. I had this working once!!

Help!!

by Bert @, Friday, November 03, 2017, 21:25 (2337 days ago) @ Kevin

If you change the volume in the control panel then nothing is saved in the preset. If you change the volume within the filter settings and have that uploaded to the amp then it should work.

--

by Kevin @, Minneapolis, Friday, November 03, 2017, 21:32 (2337 days ago) @ Bert
edited by Kevin, Friday, November 03, 2017, 21:44

I don't see a volume control in the filter settings. And I cannot recall doing it there...... please point me in the right direction...

And obviously, I must be changing the volume setting, because if I change it for 1 preset, it changes all of them to my last Change.

So, I am getting my changes, but all of my changes get to all of my presets...

Oh, BTW --- I got my new Orphean Crossovers, and I am trying to get them set up currently..... And am having issues with the Hypex Presets that I never had before....

by Bert @, Friday, November 03, 2017, 22:06 (2337 days ago) @ Kevin

On the lower left corner area ... look for dB (it is not a slider).

--

by Kevin @, Minneapolis, Friday, November 03, 2017, 22:24 (2337 days ago) @ Bert

Well, I tried this to no avail.... And I certainly don't remember adjusting the volume here... I had thought it was in the control Panel screen.... This setting did not change things for me at all...

I am able to change the settings on the Control Panel Screen.. The problem I am having, is that if I change it for 1 Preset, it changes all 4 Presets. So I am confused.

[image]

by Bert @, Saturday, November 04, 2017, 09:45 (2337 days ago) @ Kevin

It should work...

See image below (no Hypex connected so this might look different!):

[image]

If you do not have "Bridget" selected (see image) then the following sequence should work for each preset.

• Change the value at pointer 1 and press enter to confirm.
  • Select the other channel and do the same here (in case the option bridged is not selected)
  • Load the new settings into your amplifier (pointer 4)
  • Select the next Preset and do the same steps but then with another value for the Gain setting..[/b]

[image]

Good luck!

Bert

--

by Kevin @, Minneapolis, Saturday, November 04, 2017, 15:17 (2336 days ago) @ Bert

OK, thanks I got it working.......

I may have had the software messed up on the Hypex, so I did a firmware update on them. And everything is working fine now...

by avaarni @, Monday, November 06, 2017, 09:29 (2335 days ago) @ Bert

Hi Bert

I have M3 crossovers for my Orpheans. The screenshots from Hypex above make me wonder why the cut off frequency is set to 270hz and in my setup it is 254hz? I remember Kevin has M3 also so I wonder which cut of frequency is the correct one?

Thanks in Advance! :)

Antti

by Bert @, Monday, November 06, 2017, 11:18 (2335 days ago) @ avaarni

In a perfect world where all bass system are flat from 20Hz to 1000Hz then the crossover frequency should be 240Hz with a Q of 1 and 48dB slope to match the Orphean perfectly.

Truth is that systems act differently... therefore settings will always be different if you want it to be optimal.

Bert

--

RSS Feed of thread