Very quiet around here. Everyone listening to music? (BD-Design)

by samoore @, Friday, June 22, 2012, 17:41 (4323 days ago)

I am really enjoying how my new Custom 45 SET Integrated (Emotive Audio, Fred Volz)sounds driving my Orphean horns. So far the best sound I have heard from them by far. :cool:

Steve

Very quiet around here. Everyone listening to music?

by blghorn @, USA, Friday, June 22, 2012, 22:29 (4323 days ago) @ samoore

Hi Steve, I was thinking the same thing, the forum seems quiet this time of year. I was waiting to see a post about you aquiring the 45 integrated amp. I know you were looking for quite a while. I was curious which 45 tubes you are using? In what ways is the sound improved compared to your previous amp?

Blair Gardner

by samoore @, Saturday, June 23, 2012, 01:03 (4322 days ago) @ blghorn

Hi Blair,

I very quickly purchased a pair of Emission Labs 45s for the amp. They were a revalation compared to the NOS RCA I started with. The top end is much more extended. What I am hearing now is midrange "to die for", it produces the most lifelike vocals I have heard in my system.

Steve

by Rudolf150 @, Friday, June 22, 2012, 22:39 (4323 days ago) @ samoore

Hi Steve,

... I guess a lot of people are busy and listening music in the easy way (mp3 on computer). For me; I am in the middle of optimising my active bass setup (settings on the Behringer). I hope to pick this up this coming weekend.
Funnily enough, I am playing with the thought to build a headphone amp based on 71a, that could also drive my Orpheans. So your earlier questions are also relevant for me; so, will the tube amp have trouble with the impedance swings? A bigger question for me is the following. My Behringer is connected - via a 2 kOhm - to the output of my current amplifier (Crazy A) to filter the signal to bass amp; will a tube amp be able to cope with this? The biggest issue might me my passive preamp that should 'drive' the tube amp; could I end up with too less power?
As I mentioned; the tube amp is just a thought ... :wink:

Cheers,
Rudolf

by samoore @, Saturday, June 23, 2012, 01:00 (4322 days ago) @ Rudolf150

I don't know about driving a tube amp with a passive preamp, there might not be enough gain. My 45 SET integrated is having no problem driving the Reckhorn filters fed through the resistor. Everything sounds very balanced, no frequency anomalies at all. I say go for the tube amp, but you might want to go with an active preamp to get the most from it. All I can say is that the Orphean horns really like SET amps!

Steve

by Bert @, Saturday, June 23, 2012, 10:48 (4322 days ago) @ Rudolf150

Hi Rudolf,

Don't worry about the 2k ohm section for the bass. The amp will only neglect this resistance being a lot higher than the 8ohm of the speaker...

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Indeed, very quiet...

by Bert @, Saturday, June 23, 2012, 10:45 (4322 days ago) @ samoore

...so it must be people listening only being satisfied. Furthermore is the info on this forum almost complete regarding past products.

I have being quiet for a while too but things are turning around lately as I became more active and began to show growing fun to develop things. Holidays are over and leaning back only makes you feel old... :kiekeboe:

I am really enjoying how my new Custom 45 SET Integrated (Emotive Audio, Fred Volz)sounds driving my Orphean horns. So far the best sound I have heard from them by far. :cool:

Thanks for the update though and yes, the Orphean is one of te reasons of the silence...what can be done to improve that!

:read:

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

I am clueless...

by samoore @, Saturday, June 23, 2012, 18:09 (4322 days ago) @ Bert

as to how you could possibly improve the Orphean. I simply have no desire to even look at other speakers. The Orpheans present every change I make to my system, they never fail to reveal the truth, good or bad. And when you make them happy, Oh how they sing! :grin:

Steve

RSS Feed of thread