What to do with a broken BD15 driver? (BD-Design)

by Bert @, Thursday, April 07, 2011, 17:40 (4739 days ago)

At this moment I am working on some changes to be applied to the new BD15 series (I am out of stock at this moment). I have to order new so wh not change things...

Goal is trying to reduce the mechanical resistance even more improving the responsiveness and dynamical behaviour of the driver.

How that will work out is something I will learn soon but to help figuring out things I completely dissassembled the damaged BD15 and cut it to pieces...

In time people learn (me too) so it is time to investigate the construction again and see if changes can be applied for the better.

One thing I do not have to change is the coil...see picture. Nice eh? :wink:

[image]

Just a "Tweet" to let you all know that I am still around and continiously busy working on developments but it takes time...

In the present pipe-line we have the BD15mkII (June), the BD30mkII (done), a new integrated amplifier (June) to replace the discontinued CrazyA's and the Diamond loudspeaker series (June - version one of three).

In case you live close by and interested to see and hear the prototypes then you're welcome to visit...

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Oh, thanks God...

by Gasper, Friday, April 08, 2011, 08:34 (4738 days ago) @ Bert

...everything is OK; I was a little bit worried....:naughty:

Since I have already BD30 and BD15 (MkI of course) I am especialy curious about integrated amp :grazy: . I would like to change my 300B SE for something new and I have try a lot of them (Arcam, Burmester, Goldenote)....

So, can't wait to see it...:yahoo:

Regards,
G.:bass:

This is how it looks...

by Bert @, Friday, April 08, 2011, 10:37 (4738 days ago) @ Gasper

So, can't wait to see it...:yahoo:

This is what I can do and show...

[image]

--

This is how it looks...

by Gasper, Friday, April 08, 2011, 12:27 (4738 days ago) @ Bert

Black beauty and that red knob goes with my kichen...:drool:

How it sound? :blush:
Regards,

Gasper.

How it sounds...

by Bert @, Friday, April 08, 2011, 12:44 (4738 days ago) @ Gasper

...extremely fast and detailed and still sounding sweet in the high frequencies.

Not to forget to mention the correctness and dynamical capabilities. The amp sounds better than the CrazyA's which can be a bit rough sometimes.

Still in beta though but almost ready to clone it... :good:

Bert

--

How it sounds...

by teigetje, Friday, April 08, 2011, 13:57 (4738 days ago) @ Bert

Hi Bert,

When it sounds as goods as its looks it must be great! Also available with different volume knobs (blue)? :wink:

I would like to come by and listen to the new BD15 and amp.
Can I make an appointment?

Greetz,

Frank

How it sounds...

by Bert @, Friday, April 08, 2011, 15:26 (4738 days ago) @ teigetje

Hi Frank,

I would like to come by and listen to the new BD15 and amp.
Can I make an appointment?

Sure you can! But there are no new BD15's here yet... but the amp and the Diamond v1.1.5 can be heard though .

Bert

--

T3A...

by Gasper, Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 09:45 (4734 days ago) @ Bert

...? :blush:

T3A...

by Bert @, Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 11:37 (4734 days ago) @ Gasper

...? :blush:

I did not made that up...its not my design or work. I just enjoy the results... :cool:

Bert

--

RSS Feed of thread