DeoxIT and SilClear contact enhancer (Tweaks)

by Bert @, Sunday, February 08, 2009, 12:55 (5548 days ago)

Clean contacts, the best and cheapest tweak

• Chemical, quick and thorough cleaning formula kills oxidation as well as corrosion
  • Works perfectly on all connectors, new as well as used
  • Leaves a microscopic thin layer of protection
  • Lowers noise floor and distortion, by providing a low and constant resistance
  • Improves clarity, definition and dynamics
  • Brings the very best out of each audio-/video system
  • One 7,4 ml bottle will last very long
  • Very easy to apply by using the brush in the cap of the bottle

[image]
Dirty, corroded or oxidized contacts will bring you blurred sound and vision. When the years pass by, the contacts of your interlinks and apparatus will become more and more dirty, partially because oxygen in the air and the sweat from your fingers will have a chemical reaction with the metal parts of your connectors. This so-called oxidation causes high and non-linear resistances. This resistance will be especially high for small signals, thus preventing the crisp reproduction of tiny details

Use DeoxIT on all interlink-connectors, mains plugs, fuses, speaker cables, switches, relays and all other contacts to ensure they are all fully clean. DeoxIT works, where other contact cleaners fail. The use of it is as simple as applying a small amount of DeoxIT, wait two minutes and wipe off the excess. Clean contacts will be the result.

To permanently prevent new oxidation, we urge you to try SilClear. It will create resistances far lower than those of just cleaned, brand new contacts and new oxidation will have no chance, because all gaps will be filled with the special grease, in which the silver platelets are. Connectors treated with SilClear will be maintenance free for the next years to come.
[image]
Both products are available through my website if you're interested enough to try... :wink:

Here is a direct link: Other Goodies Page

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:
Clean Contacts

DeoxIT and SilClear contact enhancer

by madprofessor ⌂, 27777 Ganderkesee, Germany, Sunday, March 15, 2009, 17:35 (5513 days ago) @ Bert

Hallo Bert!
Seems to be good products - at the moment I´ve got an old tube-tester with brass contacts. Do You think, that Deoit works there also?
Any experience with WBT Gold Nextgen contacts?
Best regards
Stephan

by Bert @, Sunday, March 15, 2009, 21:31 (5513 days ago) @ madprofessor

Hello Stephan,

Seems to be good products - at the moment I´ve got an old tube-tester with brass contacts. Do You think, that Deoit works there also?

Yes, it works with any type contact material according to the manual. I can test it on brass or pure copper to see if a chemical "eating" reaction is starting but I think it will not give a problem.

Any experience with WBT Gold Nextgen contacts?

Yes, very good sounding way of making contacts. Something in the range of the bullet plugs with their single point contacts but then more durable.

Bert

--

by madprofessor ⌂, 27777 Ganderkesee, Germany, Monday, March 16, 2009, 15:49 (5512 days ago) @ Bert

Hallo Bert!

I think, there was a misunderstanding! I asked about Your experience with the contact treatment on WBT Nextgen - they have the problem, that after frequent use, the gold-coating is rubbed off and beneath is simple copper!
When they work, they are good connectors!

Best regards
Stephan

by Bert @, Monday, March 16, 2009, 21:15 (5512 days ago) @ madprofessor

Sorry about that misunderstanding... :blush:

The WBT NextGen's are not the most solid version (can't be with the used principle) and should be used in combination with NextGen plugs. This way there is no stress on the contacts and above all, the sound improvements are maximised (and durable).

Bert

--

RSS Feed of thread