bybee (Tweaks)

by madprofessor ⌂, 27777 Ganderkesee, Germany, Wednesday, December 24, 2008, 10:09 (5602 days ago)

Hallo!
Has anybody experience with the bybee noise supressors?
Especially I´m interested in cummulative effects - for example : output of DAC + output of preamp + speakers...

Also I wish a merry christmas to everybody arround!

Best regards
Stephan

bybee

by Bert @, Wednesday, December 24, 2008, 19:54 (5602 days ago) @ madprofessor

Hi Stephan,

Thanks for taking advantage to be the first one posting in this new category... :satisfied:

However, I can't give you any useful feedback of my own experiences with Bybees...but I do hear mostly good things about it from others but if it is worth the price you have to pay is another.

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

bybee

by madprofessor ⌂, 27777 Ganderkesee, Germany, Wednesday, December 24, 2008, 20:26 (5602 days ago) @ Bert

Hallo Bert!

Thanks for Your reply - I agree, the price of the Bybees is rather high. I jusst test one set of them. When the tests are completed, I´ll post my results.

Good idea of Your´s to start this "tweak" item - I hope for some resonance, to learn a few new things!

Best regards
Stephan

bybee

by madprofessor ⌂, 27777 Ganderkesee, Germany, Tuesday, January 13, 2009, 18:49 (5582 days ago) @ madprofessor

Hallo arround here!
I did rather extended measurements on the bybees - small and large.
In short the Results are following:
They don´t degrade the Signal up to 10 MHz in any way. That means up to 30 MHz they basically behave like a piece of wire.
Above 30 MHz they behave like a Ferrite-core over a wire, but to much higher frequencies.
That way intermodulation of higher frequencies are supressed.
That is measureable in the audio-range as a reduction in noise. Depending on the measurement method 1 - 10 dB
That is of course audible!
Sonically they give some clear improvement - especially in the reproduction of space and increasing the "sharpness" of single instruments or voices.
For my opinion highly recommended.
Best regards
Stephan
[image]

bybee

by Bert @, Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 11:36 (5581 days ago) @ madprofessor

Hello Stephan,

Thanks for the update, its always interesting to see what parts in the audio chain are doing...

Not that measurements show or explain everything though, but still... :wink:

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

bybee

by madprofessor ⌂, 27777 Ganderkesee, Germany, Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 12:16 (5581 days ago) @ Bert

Hallo Bert!
My experience of audio measurements is, that they never show all, you can hear easily, but some aspects are shown. For example, the measurement I included the plot, shows a decrease in wide band noise, without affecting the signal ( the spike at 10 MHz is for both traces equal!)
That decrease in noise outside the audio-band resulted in better spacial reproduction - as so often: reducing hf-noise gives better sound!
Best regards
Stephan

bybee

by JAM @, Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 16:48 (5581 days ago) @ madprofessor

Hello!

We have been using these "gadgets" here in Norway for some years now, and I can confirm they work as you describe. Some find them a bit costly:shame: though, but again not everyone can hear the improvement (or make use of it), others are chasing even smaller improvements for much more money and hassle. I guess it is all subjective, as always...

If people ask me for tweaks and advise on how to improve their sound I always come up with some ground rules:

-WORK with your room AND speaker placement
-Go for high sensitivity/low loss/low distortion in your speaker/cable/amp chain
-Eliminate as much noise and interference in your mains as possible, especially
important when playing digital sources

bybee

by madprofessor ⌂, 27777 Ganderkesee, Germany, Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 16:58 (5581 days ago) @ JAM

That Statement of You is completely right!
There are always many single items to look for!
Very right about using high sensitivtiy speakers!
Also You are right about noise iunterference of digital sources!

Best regards
Srephan

bybee

by JAM @, Thursday, January 15, 2009, 12:26 (5580 days ago) @ madprofessor

Good to see that some 35 Years of experience is worth at least something...:wink: :wink:

RSS Feed of thread