Sub (Oris Horns)

by Gasper, Monday, August 18, 2008, 13:29 (5720 days ago)

Dear Bert!

I would like to ask you if it is there any sub-woofer to go with Oris/Comapact bass to add frequencies from 10 to cca 50-60Hz or is your monster sub the only solution:no: ?

Slogan for T-shirts: I feel so horn'y today.:blush:

Many greatings from Slovenia:grin:

Regards,

Gasper.

Sub

by Bert @, Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 00:00 (5720 days ago) @ Gasper

Hi Gasper,

I would like to ask you if it is there any sub-woofer to go with Oris/Comapact bass to add frequencies from 10 to cca 50-60Hz or is your monster sub the only solution:no: ?

This depends on how loud you want to go.... :grazy: and forget about 10Hz which is hardly interesting. 15Hz would be low enough (mostly for movies though, not for audio).

Most simple would be to EQ your present system down making it go deeper, another option would be to have an extra bass enclosure with a dedicated woofer where one 18" will do more than okay (with own high powered amp with multiple EQ options) to add some weigth to the music.

nnah, too many people think differently about the true meaning that slogan... :embarressed:

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Sub

by Gasper, Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 09:50 (5719 days ago) @ Bert

Dear Bert!

Thank you for the answer!

Most simple would be to EQ your present system down making it go deeper,

This would be the most suitable solution - how can I do it?:blush:

another option would be to have an extra bass enclosure with a dedicated woofer where one 18" will do more than okay (with own high powered amp with multiple EQ options) to add some weigth to the music.

This was olso one of the possibilities but it has great WAF and won't be cheap considering quality of the amp, driver,...:no:

Nah, too many people think differently about the true meaning that slogan... :embarressed:

It was a joke.:blush:

Regards,

Gasper.

Sub

by Bert @, Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 10:01 (5719 days ago) @ Gasper

Hi Gasper,

This would be the most suitable solution - how can I do it?:blush:

Buy a Behringer Ultracurve and a pair of line transformers (to keep the digital misery away from your equipment) and connect these between the source (your Oris horns) and the bass amplifier.

With this you can EQ the response down and the room a bit too.... (only for removing peaks!)

Note: do not connect this machine between the source and the amps for your Oris horns....it will only degrade the quality of the signal!

PS not talking about DQEX here to prevent a restart of that topic... :wink:

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Sub

by Gasper, Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 10:45 (5719 days ago) @ Bert

Dear bert!

Tx! :bey:
Gasper.

Sub

by leifchristensen @, Thursday, August 21, 2008, 12:15 (5717 days ago) @ Gasper

do like me :
build an ELF base system with an 18 inch in a 120 liter cabinet
coldamp 800watt to drive it from 50 and DOWWGCN.
se rod elliot pages in australia for description of driver selection,eq circuit etc.
best
Leif
Norway

RSS Feed of thread