Swing mkII (Swing)

by Rudolf150 @, Saturday, June 07, 2008, 22:48 (5807 days ago)

Last night I picked up my BD15's with the Compact Bass cabinets (yes, GC ! ... bass will be added :shame: after many years :blush:).

I listened to the freshly (not optimally played in and tuned) crafted Swing mkII and was shocked about the bass extension. Next to this the homogenity and coherence was surely improved. Message here; do not underestimate the importance of the bass (... just listen to me, ... the guy who has played without any bass at all for many years :confused: ) on the complete sound.
The difference between the Compact Bass cabinets and the Swing mkII is very big; with the Swing mkII the Orpheans are 'lifted onto a pedestal' to reproduce the whole frequency range lifelike.

I don't like to use extremes, but I can assure that the Swing mkII is the best speaker I have ever heard.:swoon: ...

Rudolf

Swing mkII

by fu_man @, Sunday, June 08, 2008, 07:33 (5807 days ago) @ Rudolf150

Well done Rudolf!
I know exactly what you mean. For a long time I too listened to (monitor) speakers without any bass. The bass fills out everything and provides a foundation for all the rest of the music.

Swing mkII

by GC, Monday, June 09, 2008, 13:44 (5806 days ago) @ Rudolf150

Last night I picked up my BD15's with the Compact Bass cabinets (yes, GC ! ... bass will be added :shame: after many years :blush:).

Hahaha Rudolf... :dance:

I listened to the freshly (not optimally played in and tuned) crafted Swing mkII and was shocked about the bass extension. Next to this the homogenity and coherence was surely improved. Message here; do not underestimate the importance of the bass (... just listen to me, ... the guy who has played without any bass at all for many years :confused: ) on the complete sound.
The difference between the Compact Bass cabinets and the Swing mkII is very big; with the Swing mkII the Orpheans are 'lifted onto a pedestal' to reproduce the whole frequency range lifelike.

I don't like to use extremes, but I can assure that the Swing mkII is the best speaker I have ever heard.:swoon: ...

Rudolf

That counts for me too, when I get them. :yahoo:
They are more or less ready for shipment, but due to my whereabouts I must wait until begining of August. :holiday:

Srajan Ebaen from 6moons will be here in Belgrade to have his first impressions and publish that.

I hope Bert will demo them on the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest this year, so they can get the fame they really deserve. :clapping:

GC

Swing mkII

by fu_man @, Friday, June 13, 2008, 10:35 (5802 days ago) @ GC

Srajan Ebaen from 6moons will be here in Belgrade to have his first impressions and publish that.

I hope Bert will demo them on the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest this year, so they can get the fame they really deserve. :clapping:

GC

GC, It's funny because the day before you posted this I was just saying on another forum (talking about the Crazy T) how this is not the sort of product that gets a lot of reviews.... hoooray! Srajan is a very entertaining writer. No doubt he will have the pleasure of listening to some "Crazy" gear too! Well done for making this happen GC! Though I fear that Bert may start getting too busy in production to answer my naive little ponderings.

Swing mkII

by GC, Friday, June 13, 2008, 11:14 (5802 days ago) @ fu_man

Thanks Fuman

I caNot take the credit alone for his appearance here. I just knew he will be in Serbia for visiting several manufacturers.
I just asked if he would be interested in hearing something from BD Design. And he said yes.
What will come out of that...let' see. But prior to that arrangement I of course got Berts approval for my invitation.
And Bert will of course also be present here when the visit takes place.

Oh...boy :dance: :teasing: :yahoo: :dance: :party: :grin:

Swing mkII

by DeMarko @, Saturday, June 14, 2008, 21:53 (5800 days ago) @ GC

GC, keep Bert safe and sound please :pleasantry:

Swing mkII

by GC, Saturday, June 14, 2008, 22:03 (5800 days ago) @ DeMarko

GC, keep Bert safe and sound please :pleasantry:

He survived a couple of visits here as you see. Maybe also this one...:attention: :oops: :dance: :party:

G

Swing mkII

by GC, Monday, June 09, 2008, 17:59 (5806 days ago) @ Rudolf150

Rudolf... :friends:

Rudolf 150 :pleasantry: :whistle:

RSS Feed of thread