Hello everybody! Here is a new Oris Fan :) (Oris Horns)

by Balthasar, Saturday, December 15, 2007, 00:56 (5976 days ago)

Hello and good evening at all :bey:

Nice to meet you!

First some things about me: I'm a 38 old german living in a small town near Recklinghausen (NRW), my heart belongs to music, tubes and vinyl.

I first saw the Oris-Horn at the Methe-side 2 years ago, and read this so many times.. and my eyes were getting bigger and bigger :shame: I want to have some of these.. i must have :wink:

Two month ago i went to AES / Kassel, and heard the Oris for the first time :good: Back home at the evening my heart was still running.. i got them! I really got them:dance:

After a party-night i started building them togehter, i forgot to told that i have Oris200 with Fostex FE206E, and want to use a Beyma Bass System in the future (with the AES-Line-Filter). Later on maybe some of these AER drivers, but not yet:no: My music-room is not really big with 20qm2. I use a Klein&Hummel VS-56 tube-amp for the Oris, 2x 12W are enough:wink:

The Oris are running for ~50h now, the sound at the first hours was not really good, but its getting better. Hope this goes on.

Over the next weekend i'll try to finish the basses, so for this time only a picture from the Oris200, hope you enjoy:

[image]

Yes, shame on me, no perl-effect-white :blush: ( i know that this color has lots of friends!) but i like my color called GRAPHIT:wink:

That is all for my first post here, if anyone has got some advices for my Oris-system to make it running as good as possible.. please let me know:derisive:

Rgds
Ralph

Tags:

Welcome!

by Bert @, Saturday, December 15, 2007, 17:26 (5975 days ago) @ Balthasar

Hello Ralph,

That is all for my first post here, if anyone has got some advices for my
Oris-system to make it running as good as possible.. please let me know

Thanks for that :thankyou:

First step for improvement would be to finish the bass system and tune it all in. From that point you can start wondering what you would like to improve in the sound you'll have and then ask...? :clever:

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

Welcome!

by Balthasar, Saturday, December 15, 2007, 18:13 (5975 days ago) @ Bert

Hello Bert :bey:

Nice to meet "the master himself" :wink: , thanks for your welcome!

I'm still busy, sometimes felling a bit like Tim Taler, but everything & erveryone is all right :grin:

Have a nice day..
Ralph

Tags:

Hello everybody! Here is a new Oris Fan :)

by Balthasar, Monday, December 17, 2007, 23:34 (5973 days ago) @ Balthasar

Hello everybody..

Its done, i finished the basses:cool:

Everything went fine, no problems at all, all went fine!!

Now it looks this way:

[image]

I'm still searching for a stereo-amplifier or monos to give them power, but i'm still hesitated, i don't know what to buy :no: .
How much power did i need for the Beymas (10LW30/N) to let them work as good as they can do?
I couldn't buy a big McIntosh (uuuuh i really like those blue-eyes!) or something else, thats to expesive for me at this time, i'm still looking at the SAC Igel 50T, but my dream are the little Restek-Monos, or a McIntosh amplifier.
What would you submit? Yes, of course i like the BD-Amps, but i can't buy two of them, they are to expensive for me right now, sorry :blush:

I'd would be a magnificant if someone could give me a good and practical suggestion for this little problem, i didn't want to buy twice:wink:

Rgds
Ralph

Tags:

by Don Reid, Rural Northwest Georgia, USA, Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 00:00 (5973 days ago) @ Balthasar

Hey Balthasar,

If you have an opportunity to bring the McIntosh amplifier home and audition it you might find there is much that you will like about it. I have an old McIntosh MC2105 amplifier I bought new in 1972. It is not the last word in tight hard bass control, but for some reason, probably the autoformer coupling, I find that sings very pleasingly with tube amp(s) playing the mids and highs in a multi-amped system.

It is not what I use in my main system with the Oris horns. I have a number of other amps from which to choose, but I plan to have it back in service very soon powering Klipschorns in a secondary system.

Then again you might find some other amp for less which suit you better. The Mac is worth a listen if you can do so without obligation.

Don Reid

Tags:

by Balthasar, Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 00:14 (5973 days ago) @ Don Reid

Hello Don..

Thanks for your experience with the MC-2505, i must say that i never heard any McIntosh amplifier, but i love those blue eyes, and like the technical details inside the Mc's.
Of course i like a dark deep bass, so maybe thats not the best way to buy a little Mc?

Rgds
Ralph

Tags:

by Bert @, Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 10:31 (5973 days ago) @ Balthasar

Hello Ralph,

It´s done, i finished the basses:cool:

Everything went fine, no problems at all, all went fine!!

Great! Thanks for the picture... :cool:

How much power did i need for the Beymas (10LW30/N) to let them work as
good as they can do?

It seems a small bass driver so it won't handle much power in the lowest frequencies, most important is the quality (not the quantity).

What would you submit? Yes, of course i like the BD-Amps, but i can´t buy
two of them, they are to expensive for me right now, sorry:blush:

I´d would be a magnificant if someone could give me a good and practical
suggestion for this little problem, i didn´t want to buy twice:wink:

My suggestion would then be to save a little bit more and get the CrazyA's. Then you'll be sure that you do not have to buy twice... :yes:

What do you mean buying two amps, what is the difference here with other amplifiers?

You can alsways start with 2 mono blocks and upgrade them later to bi-amp Crazy's...

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

by Balthasar, Friday, December 21, 2007, 23:38 (5969 days ago) @ Bert

Hello Bert..
sorry for my late answer, but i've got good news: It's running:yahoo:

[image]

I bought a pair of nice SAC-monos (50T + upgrade), they arrived at this afternoon, in excellent conditions.
After changing some cables i could start listening to some Madonna, Kyuss and Nils Lofgren, and this was a really wonderful hour, great:dance:

I can't await tomorrow, must hear more of that stuff :drool:

A big big smile is over my face Bert, thank you so much :yahoo:

Rgds
Ralph

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread