Good contacts equals good sound... (Tweaks)

by Bert @, Sunday, July 15, 2007, 15:37 (6124 days ago)

Hi All,

Last weeks I experimented a lot with a contact enhancing product called SilClear.

[img]images/uploaded/image308.jpg[/img]

Not just for interconnects but also for your power cords and speaker cables.

Basically every contact is getting added transparency and clearness when applied with SilClear. One disadvantage though, the substance is a bit greasy (work cleanly!) and when applied too thick or wrongly it can cause a short cut...

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:
SilClear

Good contacts equals good sound...

by MikeH @, Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 14:41 (6122 days ago) @ Bert

It might be similar a silicone grease product made by Dow Corning which comes in a metal toothpaste tube. Sorry I caNot remember the part number. I use it at work for excluding moisture from contacts and flame paths on explosion proof boxes. It would also exclude air and therefore oxygen. A great Idea Bert. If it is the same product it is very neutral and doesn't affect rubber, it is non toxic too. Do not get it near any surfaces you wish to paint later, nothing sticks to it.

You would expect coating the contacts in an insulating grease would be harmful but it actually works surprisingly well.

Tags:

Good contacts equals good sound...

by Bert @, Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 19:41 (6122 days ago) @ MikeH

Hi Mike,

This stuff is more "oil" based and mixed with many very small particles made out of Silver, hence the name SilClear I guess...:wink:

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread