Please remove the swear filter (Forum)

by PeterSt. ⌂ @, Netherlands, Friday, March 30, 2007, 09:31 (6209 days ago)

Hi Bert,

It starts to be rather aNoying, this filter of yours. I mean, when the h*ck (see, I can do it myself) it is not clear what people mean, it has gone too far IMHO ( http://forum.bd-design.nl/index.php?id=13497 ).

I've never seen someone swearing at this forum, apart from the time you asked for it.

Peter

Tags:

Please remove the swear filter

by Don Reid, Rural Northwest Georgia, USA, Saturday, March 31, 2007, 18:33 (6208 days ago) @ PeterSt.

Hi Bert,

I appreciate what you were trying to accomplish with the bad word filter, but I agree with Peter that in its present form it is a confusing thing.

Don Reid

Tags:

Please remove the swear filter

by MikeH @, Sunday, April 01, 2007, 03:48 (6207 days ago) @ Don Reid

I agree, I'd like to s**** it.
Confusion is a bigger issue than coarse language.

(looks like Bert has this in progress, coarse is no longer a rude word.)

Tags:

It will stay...

by Bert @, Sunday, April 01, 2007, 21:15 (6206 days ago) @ PeterSt.

Hi Peter,

Why is it in this world when sometimes things seem to go wrong that people take the easy way out? The filter does not filter out that many good words and if it does then help it to learn.

Everybody who is able to post a message is also able to edit the message and explain (with spaces like done at first) what the word should be.

If everybody works this way then the filter will only do its work better thus less confusing in the near future...

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

It will stay...

by PeterSt. ⌂ @, Netherlands, Sunday, April 01, 2007, 23:30 (6206 days ago) @ Bert

Yes ... but since people apparantly don't look back and correct ... (btw, why should they ?)

I still can't guess what the crucial things are about (the link I referenced to).

There's really no reason to ...
Don't you think ?

Tags:

It will stay...

by Bert @, Monday, April 02, 2007, 14:54 (6206 days ago) @ PeterSt.

Hi Peter,

There's really no reason to ...

Not at this moment regarding the swearing but giving me the freedom to filter out anything I do not want to see here. I am sure it will be needed more some day in the future and then the work is already done.

Ciao,

Bert

--

Tags:

It will stay...

by PeterSt. ⌂ @, Netherlands, Monday, April 02, 2007, 18:59 (6206 days ago) @ Bert

Hey Bert,

You're expecting some hardcore, right ? :evil:

Maybe soften the speakers a bit ... :pleasantry:

Peter

Tags:

It will stay...

by Bert @, Monday, April 02, 2007, 19:56 (6205 days ago) @ PeterSt.

Peter,

You're expecting some hardcore, right ? :evil:

With the Orphean's every option is open!

Maybe soften the speakers a bit ... :pleasantry:

nnah, we do not want to have hifi speakers "killing music softly"!

--

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread