Time to say good bye! (Forum)

by soundcheck @, Germany, Thursday, March 08, 2007, 16:39 (6258 days ago)

Hi all.

When reading the recent "GC over Linux thread" and some posts in particular in there and on top recalling the last months, I came to the conclusion, that it is time for me to say good-bye.

I'll remove my account from this forum.

Don't think it's because finally "Linux lost against XP-GC". :wink:
I am not a religious Linux fanatic. I am quite open minded to everything. Especially if it is not really mainstream stuff.
I am a convinced DIYer, over the entire chain, and I'll continue this way.

I do think that I wrote all my posts in a respectful and rather polite way.
I never IMO disrespected anybodys opinion or statement.
My intention has always been to be constructive and to share my findings
with you folks.

The tone and attitude some people, actually only one person in particular, in here is using towards others without being charged for it, is to me just not acceptable any longer.

This is ongoing since months. I respected this behaviour for quite some time
and tried to stay polite and did not respond to these attacks. Some people tried to support me in this respect from time to time - it still continued.

I just don't want to be bothered with this agressive behaviour any longer.
It is a hobby, at least to me, and it is supposed to be fun.

In general I liked this forum very much, lots of nice people around.
Bad luck that it developed the way it did, at least from my perspective.
I am outta here.

All of you good luck with your systems and your systems evolution.

Cheers
Klaus

P.S: This has nothing to do with BD-Design.

Tags:

Time to say good bye!

by GC, Thursday, March 08, 2007, 17:08 (6258 days ago) @ soundcheck
edited by GC, Thursday, March 08, 2007, 18:55

Well Klaus...

It is a free world we are living in of course, and anyone can choose whatever they like.

Just want to say to you, if you still keep an eye onto this site, that I appologize if I ever had a tone offending you in any way. Not that I feel particular aimed at in your farewell letter.
I am off course one of the contributers with many "LOL" remarks around which I hope is somehow "understood" by most as a kind of "spice" to everydays turnaround. A sort of clown playing on the forum you may call me.
If no one want to read that kind of lunetic posts, they can just pass on to the next and regard me as a fool. (Which I very often am) :grin:

Then of course taking a look back in the history I saw to my big surprice that I have certainly also posted both serious and relevant things here.

So there you go. Space for everything, almost.

I took an offended attitude a week ago when I had some critisism from one of the contributers on this forum, but I cooled down after a couple of days. Simply recognised that it was too cynical and childish to un-subscribe.

This forum is in my opinion simply too good to miss in anyones future. At least in my future. There are simply too many things I don't want to miss here, as a lot of iNovation is expressed along the way.

The tone here...ahh well, we can all be steamed up a bit from time to time. In particular when we have shares invested in the topics.

Think it over pall. Will like too se you back here. :friends:

GC

Tags:

I do not see any reason to leave...

by Bert @, Thursday, March 08, 2007, 18:06 (6258 days ago) @ soundcheck

Klaus,

When a war starts then there are always at least two parties involved, one triggering the other and back until a climax is reached.

From your point of view I can understand that you feel addressed in a less respectful way but I can also understand the reactions of the other partie(s).

If both parties are persistent then communication starts to become a problem and usually less friendly if they can't or do not want to agree.

I do not read aggressive posts here (look at the smilies) but some are more strict and very much to the point instead of dancing around the real subject as it seems the only way to get through sometimes...

I have had my share too (as an example the discussion with Peter about the BD30's) but that does not mean that I am going out of the way if I disagree.

We were not fighting with each other as person, we just wanted that we both understand everything in detail about the issue. Perhaps it is the Dutch way of doing things, I do not know. Still, after that it is nice to have things clear based on real things.

As a side note, what aNoys me most on this forum is that people do not seem to read very well what is written and respond to different things than what the discussion is all about without answering or discuss the topic itself. In my view it is this and pride what is triggering more negative posts.

You can come back anytime you like though and be part of the discussions too so that the forum remains a good source for useful information.

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

I do not see any reason to leave...

by GC, Thursday, March 08, 2007, 18:32 (6258 days ago) @ Bert
edited by GC, Thursday, March 08, 2007, 21:34

Again Bert, you show with your response your very balanced and somehow "emotional non-attachment" skills, which I regard as an extremely high quality being both an editor and a moderator of this forum.
You're probably born with this "grounding" and the same is reflected in your products, your attitude and the way you yourself address this forum.

Somehow it is your peronality that makes this forum as decent as it actually is.

I am sure there is more than one who thinks that way about you. :good:

GC

Tags:

Time to say good bye!

by Flecko @, Friday, March 09, 2007, 00:29 (6257 days ago) @ soundcheck

Hi Klaus,
it is a great pitty you decided to leave the forum. I found your posts always interesting and they were giving me new input.

I think most people here are writing in a language that is not their native language. My experince shows that misunderstandings are not seldom in chat's or forums even if people write in their native language.Perhaps the foreign language attracts people, saying something in a more ruff way as they would do in theire own language? Just some thoughts.

Greeting Adrian

Tags:

Communicating...

by Bert @, Friday, March 09, 2007, 10:21 (6257 days ago) @ Flecko

Hi Adrian,

I think most people here are writing in a language that is not their
native language. My experince shows that misunderstandings are not seldom
in chat's or forums even if people write in their native language.Perhaps
the foreign language attracts people, saying something in a more ruff way
as they would do in theire own language? Just some thoughts.

So true. The dictionary of native languages has many more words that can be used to be more diplomatic and much more easy to understand (reading between the lines) what is actually written.

Perhaps we all should use simple "school" English trying to explain what we want to share? And if that doesn't give enough options then we can post pictures or even cartoons... :grin:

Ciao,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

Communicating...

by MikeH @, Saturday, March 10, 2007, 00:30 (6256 days ago) @ Bert

Perhaps we all should use simple "school" English trying to explain what
we want to share? And if that doesn't give enough options then we can post
pictures or even cartoons... :grin:

English is my first language, I read thousands of books and I am still bad at it. It is a messy, often illogical language. (their & there sound the same 2 different meanings)

I'm very impressed you all do so well.

I think you are right with the second language thing, In addition to that there is the lack of tone and emphasis in the written (typed) word. This is very common, many companies actually provide information to employees on how not to be misunderstood in email.

So English, the (almost global) language is proven to be very poor for communicating in written form.

Aside from that, you are all people who are not happy with commonly available audio equipment because it doesn't sound good enough.
I assume you would be similar personalities: very fussy, technical, passionate and analytical. (Hopefully Babelfish will have some good translations of those words for your language.)

With equipment that is so good there is very little wrong with it and a lot is right with it. So it is easier to describe the thing by what is wrong with it.
We then apply these ways of describing things to describing people associated with those things.

What I am trying to get at is we are mostly very fussy people who have many ways to mis-understand each other. In addition to that there are some people you will never get along with, If you strongly disagree with a person you dislike then wait for a couple of hours, Someone else will probably say what you want to say without upsetting anyone.

Tags:

Hope you will come back

by TBM @, Lillehammer, Norway, Friday, March 09, 2007, 11:35 (6257 days ago) @ soundcheck

I much appreciated your spices of things, and your knowledge.

Welcome back in the future! :clapping:

Cheers,
Tom :friends:

--
DIY higher end; tubes and horn

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread