Oris 150 horn mount for oris ref bass ca (Oris Horns)

by JohnK @, Thursday, September 21, 2006, 16:00 (6421 days ago)

Hello Bert, The 250 and 150 cut for 15in arrived and are mocked up for testing.The 250 sounded wonderful with f200a and fe206esr. A eminance 15in is filling in the bass and works good might need a bd15 soon;) I added a fostex t90aex for super tweeter.Iam surprised at how much bass the 15in is producing with the 150 horn. On my test OB not in cabinets just open in back hitting 40hz bass to 30hz just reduced in level. I had trouble mating my Bass BLH had to change bass amp crossover to a much lower level.But now all is good.

[image]

Also I have a 150 that needs a stand to mount on a oris ref cab do you still have a plan for this? If so would you be so kind and email to me? Again Thxs for your time help and cool products .JK

Tags:

Oris 150 horn mount for oris ref bass ca

by Bert @, Thursday, September 21, 2006, 16:13 (6421 days ago) @ JohnK

Hi John,

Thanks for filling me in, thanks for having a picture showing your efforts! :)

A fixed stand for the Oris horns can be made rather simple. Such a support can be mounted to the back chamber and made more heavy (make it a closed stand when needed) if the driver alone isn't heavy enough. Here is a simple drawing showing the principle...

[image]

Would that work out for you?

Ciao,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

Bert measurements for the horn mounts?

by JohnK @, Tuesday, September 26, 2006, 17:27 (6416 days ago) @ Bert

Hi Bert if you would be so kind and post measurements for the 150 stands? Would save me some hastle.Till later and thxs for your time and help

Tags:

Bert measurements for the horn mounts?

by Bert @, Tuesday, September 26, 2006, 19:38 (6416 days ago) @ JohnK

Hi John,

Hi Bert if you would be so kind and post measurements for the 150 stands?
Would save me some hastle.Till later and thxs for your time and help

The tubes to hold are 250mm in diameter so the round cut-out for the stand should be 250mm plus the thickness of soft rubber to put in between them. The length of the stand should not be longer than 275mm (the length of the back chamber) and the heigth at the lowest point larger than 30mm.

It is not too critical, the back of the horn mouth should lean against the front of the bass enclosure.

Ciao,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

Thxs for the help, picture looks good

by JohnK @, Saturday, September 23, 2006, 17:01 (6419 days ago) @ JohnK

Sound is very good with this combo treble is so smooth extended and detail something I have never heard from any fullrangers;) As always YMMV. The 150 cut for bass use was a good idea. Wonder if maybe a 100hz bass horn might be in the future?

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread