Introducing the new Oris 250... (BD-Design)

by Bert @, Sunday, May 28, 2006, 18:48 (6542 days ago)

Hi All,

I have been busy taking many pictures of the new series already available. Most pictures still need to be edited before I can upload them to my website but here are a few to enjoy...

Completed with an AER MD1 but this horn is also very suitable for any other 8" drive unit.

Please welcome the "Oris 250/8"

[image]

[image]

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

Introducing the Oris 250/6.5

by Bert @, Sunday, May 28, 2006, 19:04 (6542 days ago) @ Bert

Here is another one...

Please welcome the "Oris 250/6.5"

Completed with modified Fostex FE166E drive unit but this horn is also very suitable for any other 6.5" drive unit.

[image]

[image]

--

Tags:

Introducing the Orphean

by Bert @, Sunday, May 28, 2006, 19:04 (6542 days ago) @ Bert

Here is another one...

Please welcome the "Orphean"

Completed with built-in high quality filter (crossing at 220Hz and 7kHz) for a proper balance when used with our modified BMS 4592ND compression drive unit.

[image]

[image]

--

Tags:

Introducing the 250's

by GC, Sunday, May 28, 2006, 20:13 (6542 days ago) @ Bert

Hi Bert

Having heard the Orphean and the 250/MD3 combi on several occasions leaves me still holding my breath. You are schocking people....:teasing:... like me who thought that such sound was not reachable.

With this new horn with all it's possibilities and it's undisputable qualities you deserve success in abundance.

All horn lovers, don't miss this one.:ok:

Best wishes

GC

Tags:

Introducing the 250's

by fu_man @, Monday, May 29, 2006, 03:51 (6542 days ago) @ GC

Hey GC,

Being one of the privileged few that have the opportunity to hear Berts beautiful new creation, can you tell us a little about your history? That is, what do you compare these against.

Cheers.

Tags:

Introducing the 250's

by GC, Monday, May 29, 2006, 09:31 (6542 days ago) @ fu_man

> Hey GC,
[quote]
Being one of the privileged few that have the opportunity to hear Berts
beautiful new creation, can you tell us a little about your history?
That is, what do you compare these against.

Cheers.[/quote]

To be very broad in the camparison between, say the SWING, and all other stuff I've heard:

The Orphean does everything that any other speaker dosn't. It has the resolution of an electrotatic combined with the dynamics of a bomb blast.
The neutrality is on par with the best.

So in other words: It got what it takes to reproduce live music!

GC

Tags:

Introducing the Orphean

by Peter K, Sunday, May 28, 2006, 22:30 (6542 days ago) @ Bert

Hi Bert,

The new Orphean sure looks great :smile:

Do you have the price for a pair of the horns + modified 4592ND drivers + filters?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

All the best
Peter

Tags:

Introducing the Orphean

by Bert @, Sunday, May 28, 2006, 22:55 (6542 days ago) @ Peter K

Hi Peter,

The new Orphean sure looks great

Thanks... :smile:

Do you have the price for a pair of the 2" Oris250 horns + modified 4592ND drivers + filters?

Yes, I have. Here is the list with options:

Orphean DIY (the pair):

550 - only filters (standard averaged for use in the Oris 250)
854 - only horns
1.100 - modified BMS 4592ND/8 drivers
2.197 - complete package (modified drivers, tuned filters and DIY horns)

Systems plug and play (the pair):

3.197 - Orphean without bass system
5.989 - Orphean including Compact bass system (completed with build-in BD30 amplifier and tuned filter)

Both finished options as shown with free choice in colour and veneer. All prices are excluding value added tax and shipping.

The system plays from 30Hz to 22kHz (crossing at 220Hz). If other bass systems are going to be used then these have to be acoustically time aligned and crossed at 220Hz/24dB LR) for correct phase and integration.

Ciao,

Bert

--

Tags:

Introducing the Orphean

by Peter K, Sunday, May 28, 2006, 23:27 (6542 days ago) @ Bert

Hi Bert,

Thanks!

The prices look very fair indeed! I know how good these drivers are, but I also know how difficult it is to make a really good passive filter for them:wink:

All the best
Peter

Tags:

Introducing the Orphean

by dr.cube @, Monday, May 29, 2006, 14:34 (6541 days ago) @ Bert

When will the DIY package (driver + horns + filter) be available?
Is it possible to combine it also with the reference bass system (with the big 150 horn in front of the bass driver) or only with the compact bass?

Cheers
Wolfgang

Tags:

Introducing the Orphean

by Bert @, Monday, May 29, 2006, 15:36 (6541 days ago) @ dr.cube

Hi Wolfgang,

When will the DIY package (driver + horns + filter) be available?

These are already available but not yet present in the shop (so far only the horns). I need to update the pages soon but in the meantime people can order through email.

Delivery could take a while though, the demand is high and the parts needed to complete it all comes from rather slow suppliers....

The estimated delivery time could take around 4-6 weeks if I am missing parts to complete the order.

Is it possible to combine it also with the reference bass system (with the big 150 horn in front of the bass driver) or only with the compact bass?

Yes, this would even be better! :smile:

Ciao,

Bert

--

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread