Quasar drivers (BD-Design)

by fu_man @, Saturday, April 22, 2006, 09:45 (6582 days ago)

Bert,
I think I already know the answer to this but I''ll ask anyway:

Is there any way the BD15 bass drivers can be made with white cones (to match the fostex/lowthers)

Thanks

Tags:

Quasar drivers

by Bert @, Saturday, April 22, 2006, 16:33 (6581 days ago) @ fu_man

Hi,

Is there any way the BD15 bass drivers can be made with white cones (to
match the fostex/lowthers)

Everything is possible but then I will have to order them with a minimum quantity. The used cones will be different in behaviour though... Perhaps you can add white cloth in front of the drivers for a better color match?

Ciao,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

c'mon all you guys, get off the fence...

by fu_man @, Monday, April 24, 2006, 19:03 (6579 days ago) @ Bert

:grin:
All you guys who have been waiting to buy the Quasar kit, help me to convince Bert that the white bass drivers would be soo beautiful, so we can get the minimum quantity for ordering.

I'm sure Kohjin Yamada of Japan, Leif Bardh of Sweden, Tom Lester of Canada and Bernd Kienzler of Germany, and all the others from the "showroom" who have built beautiful white Oris horns would agree with me (and wish they had them too for their Oris horns)

I have even 'photoshopped' the Quasar images on your site to have white drivers... they are sooo sweet. (Unfortunately my photo-editing attempt was a bit rough so I am not going to share them at this moment)When you look at how often people are using blonde wood for their speaker cabinets, white drivers seem so natural.

The Quasars would quickly become one of the most beautiful speakers available.. look at the highly image conscious Ferguson Hill horns... white bass drivers.

As to the difference in behaviour they may just redefine your idea of perfection! I am 100% sure that the white bass driver will sound better. Almost all the Fostexs, all the Lowthers and all the AER drivers are white. Therefore the white cones must sound better! :lol:

Okay I know I am talking nonsense... but they might?

All silliness aside, I do think it could really improve the aesthetics, i hope others agree.

regards.

Hi,

Is there any way the BD15 bass drivers can be made with white cones (to
match the fostex/lowthers)

Everything is possible but then I will have to order them with a minimum
quantity. The used cones will be different in behaviour though... Perhaps
you can add white cloth in front of the drivers for a better color match?

Ciao,

Bert

Tags:

c'mon all you guys, get off the fence...

by PeterSt. ⌂ @, Netherlands, Monday, December 04, 2006, 22:09 (6355 days ago) @ fu_man

:clapping:

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread