Oris 250 with BMS 4592ND drive units... (BD-Design)

by Bert @, Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 23:57 (6585 days ago)

Hi All,

After some further tweaking with the filter for the BMS I have to admit that I am pretty happy with the results, the integration with the bass sytem (BD15 with Oris horn in front) is perfect and crossing at 220Hz. I did not yet compared this setup with the other 4590 BMS drivers though (except for some primarely measurements) but that will surely happen soon... :grin:

What I have gained in performance compared to what I am used to listen at is more dynamics, more precision and much more detail. The imaging is very intimate or wide and deep (depending on the recording), probably an improvement due to the small radiating source (only 2" in diameter). The sweetspot is wider, even though the listening window is smaller!?!

This combo is very capable to play extremely loud without "compression" and the sensitivity is (averaged and after EQ) 114dB for 1 Watt... :cool:

Good to know that the amps are quiet... :smile:

I will use this setup for a while (sorry Filip) to optimise it further if possible. So, if anybody is in the neighbourhood and would like to have a demo then do give me a call or write me an email to make an appointment. :wink:

Ciao,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread