Oris systems for mixing/mastering? (BD-Design)

by GC, Tuesday, March 08, 2005, 06:24 (6982 days ago)

I am a recording engineer looking to replace my Tannoy Arden loudspeakers (15' dual concentric, Alnico magnet, large reflex box) with something with similar or better attributes in terms of dynamic capabilities. It must be tonally (timbrally) accurate, especially through the mid range to bass frequencies and should be as or more accurate in the high frequencies. The Tannoys have an annoying high frequency character which I have accepted to live with for the last 9 years, since everything else is quite good. The sound in the upper frequencies reminds me of 1972 vintage dome tweeters, that is, with obvious resonances.
Are there any engineers out there or does anyone know of any engineers using any of the Oris variations for serious professional work including mixing and mastering acoustic music? Most of my work is classical and jazz and there is a key word here and that is "translation" in that the ideal speaker would let me make a mix which would "translate" to other speakers (or sound good on other ordinary speakers)
I have multiple pairs of Quad II amplifiers sitting on a shelf which I don't use - could these work well with the Oris systems?
Thanks for any help.
Russell Dawkins, Western Canada

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread