Any Sigma owners? (BD-Design)

by avaarni @, Thursday, March 30, 2023, 12:26 (386 days ago) @ Ian Reid

Hi Ian, I have Sigma speakers. Before that I had Oris horns with AER-MD2 drivers and the older Avantgarde Duo G1. I have listened to Orphean horns for many years now in various installations from Ref2010 to Diy Orelino which was the best combination until Sigmas came to the house.

From the beginning I could hear the potential of the Orpheans but was not able to get them to sing at their best. After my diy orelino project I knew I could not achieve the best on my own.

Sigma is the game changer. Whatever components you try with them, you'll always hear the change. From cables to amps. That means you can ruin it of course with non-matching gear. It is kinda hard to describe the sound but to me it just IS, it is real and effortless. It can be soft and scary. But like every speaker, also Sigma has it's own character: I would guess that comes from the BMS compression driver. Also the low crossover point plays a part.

If your room has limitations (wall materials), but enough space around the speaker and your listening distance is not too long i think you could find Sigmas very appealing. I prefer to listen to them at close distance: I hear more the of speaker and not so much the room.

At the moment I prefer tube gear with Sigmas, but I think that is just a matter of taste how you want color the sound.

Hope this helps! But I know it won't because you need to hear them.

Antti

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread