Introduction new member UPDATE (BD-Design)

by Jelle, Tzum, The Netherlands, Saturday, January 26, 2019, 08:29 (1909 days ago) @ Jelle

Back again with some information.

My setup has been changed after your advises, and now i have connected the source to the tube amp, and from the tube amp to the Hypex plate amps. So the bass powered from the Hypex units, and the Lowther Oris150 from the tube amp. This is a much nicer and easier to configure setup, thanks for that.

I have the Lowhter unfiltered att, and the bass units filtered at 250hz now. I am playing around with the bass filters, trying different settings between 200 and 400hz. So still many playtime coming to get the sound i like.

The first impression is that the bass is more pronounced and explicit, so very happy with that. The Lowthers are also better to handle, with the latter setup i had the volume wide open, but now directly from the tube amp only 30/40% open.
I have talked with my collegeaus who are also audio minded, and they suggested to put the bass speakers in parallel mode to get 100Watt at 4Ohm. This because of the current 50Watt at 8Ohm and the power rating of the speakers. I will try that the comming time and let you now how that works out.
The also suggested to bridge the two Hypex units, i will look into that because that will have some more explicit changes to the Hypex units, and need to know more about that first.

I also bought the transparent phase plus, and installed it. The sound is much brighter and clearer without being to sharp on the highs. So also a big improvement.
Tks again for the advises/ideas. Every small step a better quality. Not bad!

with regards, Jelle

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread