Revelation - status of the project (BD-Design)

by Kim, Thursday, July 19, 2018, 11:37 (2108 days ago) @ Bert

Great to see the Revelation is up and running. :smile:

It look a bit different from your drawings by lacking the compartment for the amplifier at the bottom.

I try to get my head around the principle of the bass system.
As I see it its based on the ripole principle by having a very small compression chamber for each driver (the magnet is sticking out of the enclosure).

The area of the vented slots in front of each driver is roughly 1/3 of the drivers effective area. This should speed up the velocity of the air with a factor of 3.
To my understanding the smaller vented slots also act as an acoustic filter - clever move. :cool:

The front area of the slot opening of the loudspeaker itself seems to be quite bigger than the total area of the vented slots for the drivers - roughly a factor of 1.5. Right?

I might be wrong in my way of thinking... I think that the gained speed in velocity of the smaller vented slots for the drivers will be lost in the bigger front slot opening?
If that is true I believe the front slot should have the same total area as the vented slots for the drivers to maintain the gained velocity of air?

BR.
Kim

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread