Hypex Amp, using speaker level outputs as Input... (BD-Design)

by Bert @, Monday, November 04, 2013, 16:46 (3798 days ago) @ Kevin
edited by Bert, Tuesday, November 19, 2013, 16:32

I called my Local Supplier of Hypex Amps and asked if I could use Speaker level outputs from Main Amplifer and use them into the "Audio Input" of the Hypex Amplifer.

Yes, you can do this without any problem as long as the signal is not too strong. With normal low sensitive hi-fi speakers this would be the case but then still the Hypex will just show you a red LED telling that you are overloading.

A simple calculation would explain that there will hardly be any current flowing within such a connection having a high impedance. :grin:

I will order a pair of Hypex Amplifers today, but I am a bit reluctant to go head and Use the Speaker Level Outputs directly from my Main Amplifier into the "Audio Input" of the Hypex Amplifier without approval from you.

You have a high efficiency system and then it just works without problems but if you do not trust then add a few resistors in the XLR plug to reduce the gain. Best to find out which values you'll finally need is to connect a potentiometer first and regulate it for optimal gain (Hypex volume set to 0) and replace it for fixed resistors when you're done.

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread