Integrating the Orphean Horn into my System. (BD-Design)

by Bert @, Monday, September 23, 2013, 14:17 (3840 days ago) @ Kevin

I have access to an active crossover and was not keen on getting another pair of amps.

Then go that route. It will work okay too I guess but you'll need another amplifier too and for optimal integration (using the output of the main amp as signal for the bass section) this should NOT be a tube amp.

Of course you can use a pre-amp if you like and still get good results, do whatever you prefer.

I am only trying to explain the best possible and most flexible way to get the most optimal sound. You can do whatever you prefer though but do not hang that on me if things do not work out...

Also, The 'plate amplifiers' are a bit weird to me. I can't very well just park them into my rack. I would have to have another project of building a case for them. They don't seem to offer any case. And I am not about to carve a hole into my bass bin to mount them in. So, the whole thing is looking like a Kluge to me at this point.

A simple case should not be too difficult to make for a DIY-er but again, feel free to use anything else if it gives you too much hasle.

The Orphean is a system playing from 270Hz up to 22kHz. The bass has to be tuned towards that (crossover plus gain) which can be done in many ways.

If you feel insecure then you can also go for a similar system as your friends and be happy with that.

You asked for the best option and that is what I gave as suggestion. There are also other horns using full-range drivers ranging from Fostex up to AER's with their own mysteries...

:grazy:

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread