Please help to solve the problem (BD-Design)

by Bert @, Monday, July 02, 2012, 12:00 (4310 days ago) @ drquangle

Hello Henry,

I figured my active crossover had 1 bad channel. I fixed it, and it works fine. Now I have a new problem. I would like to ask you how do we know the horn speaker is broken ( like tweeter damaged). My left speaker made a sound really loud after I turn on the amplifier (300b monoblock 8wpc) even though I didn't turn on crossover/preamp/cd player. I think it happened when I forgot to hook up my power cord of the active crossover then I hook it up without turning the switch on yet (at this time the monoblock amplifier and preamp was on), the loud sound of the L speaker has started since that time. Do you think the tweeter was broken? Thank you so much for your help

From previous posts I guess you are using AER BD1 drivers in the horns.

In that case there is no tweeter involved so this can't be broken...

Reading your present description makes me believe that perhaps a strong pulse might have damaged the coil of the driver. What you hear is probably the coil scratching inside the magnet cap?

I am also supecting a language problem, perhaps you can write up your story in French and then let Google translate it into English? Hopefully then you can give more details when you can freely write in your own language...?

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread