What to do with a broken BD15 driver? (BD-Design)

by Bert @, Thursday, April 07, 2011, 17:40 (4765 days ago)

At this moment I am working on some changes to be applied to the new BD15 series (I am out of stock at this moment). I have to order new so wh not change things...

Goal is trying to reduce the mechanical resistance even more improving the responsiveness and dynamical behaviour of the driver.

How that will work out is something I will learn soon but to help figuring out things I completely dissassembled the damaged BD15 and cut it to pieces...

In time people learn (me too) so it is time to investigate the construction again and see if changes can be applied for the better.

One thing I do not have to change is the coil...see picture. Nice eh? :wink:

[image]

Just a "Tweet" to let you all know that I am still around and continiously busy working on developments but it takes time...

In the present pipe-line we have the BD15mkII (June), the BD30mkII (done), a new integrated amplifier (June) to replace the discontinued CrazyA's and the Diamond loudspeaker series (June - version one of three).

In case you live close by and interested to see and hear the prototypes then you're welcome to visit...

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread