Orphean Crossover (BD-Design)

by Bert @, Sunday, November 21, 2010, 18:56 (4927 days ago) @ Ray P

Hello Ray,

Hi again, and forgive me asking more questions as I try to fill in some gaps in my understanding.

No worries about asking... :good:

I'm confident on the preceding elements but am unsure how the crossover should be configured and further confused by the info on the BD website, which lists a crossover in relation to the BD15 units but also a filter in relation to the Orphean (which shows a box with, apparently one pair of speaker terminal inputs and two pairs of outputs, seeming to imply a single amplifier for both bass and mid/treble)?

I am confident too. The listed crossover for the Compact and Ultra enclosures is a passive crossover connencted in between the bass amplifier and the BD15 bass driver. Additionally there is another crossover (passive line level) where the signal of your main amplifier is used which is passing through this passive line level crossover where the first stage of the crossover is et and where also the gain is adjusted to adjust the differences in sensitivity.

Also, how will the mismatch in power/gain of the gainclone and Transcendent amps be accomodated?

This was done with the passive line level crossover as described above. See also the schematic as example (the passive crossover parts in front of the BD15's are not shown here...) to make things hopefully more clear.

This was the previous situation which is completely different with the REF2010 where this all is done actively but which could be used for your initial system too I guess... :cool:

[image]

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread