REF2010, what else...!? (Forum)

by Ray P, Tuesday, November 16, 2010, 07:52 (4909 days ago) @ Bert

Thanks Russell & Bert.

I need to take this project as an iterative process, gradually building towards my end goal as circumstances permit - I took voluntary early retirement last Christmas and subsequently suffered a nasty injury that prevented me from being able to find another job until very recently.

I believe it would be best, initially, to invest in the best quality drive units (BD15) so I think I'll go with the compact or ultra bass cabinet for now. I can swap out to the REF2010 cabinets in due course. Once the bass units are are built I can purchase the Oris horns/crossover and transfer my lowthers over.

Regarding the construction of the compact or ultra bass units; through a friend I have access to CNC routing facilities 'at cost' so will prepare AutoCAD drawings of the panels to be machined. As a result of using CNC routing It would be very easy for me to apply the matrix construction principles to the compact or ultra at little extra cost, compensating for the internal volume consumed by the matrix by slightly deepening the cabinets. Any thoughts on this?

Ray

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread