Next Speaker Project (Forum)

by Gasper, Tuesday, November 09, 2010, 16:31 (4888 days ago) @ Ray P

I could stick with Bert's bass units (are drawings available for these anywhere?) but am tempted by some corner horns, such as the Eckhorn ATS/ATK - my listening room is around 5m by 4m so using the corners would seem sensible? I assume mounting Orpheans on top of corner bass units would be acceptable, with some experimentation on alignment?

Hello Ray!
Welcome here! Since you are already have EX4 driver I would suggest you to go with Oris 150. :grin: This will give you more freedom to use it with corner horn...

I've seen the material on the Eckhorns that was listed on another topic here but I don't do German and some of the plans material seems to be missing.

If you need help, I have all the plans for ATS and for ATK too, but I have to check my archive....:read:

The main difference is in the "deepest" frequencies which they are able to produce, but also in the numbers of the folds (see pictures at http://lowther.de/lowther/subwoofer/ats_atk.asp) and according to that - time delay.

I would also be keen to hear any recommendations for alternatives?

I was using ATS (see Showroom "Gasper old"; now I am selling them for 350 Euro but I think that Slovenia is too far for you:grin:). I would strongly recomend you to go full BD-Design; perhaps with Compact bass for the start...:bass:

I'm sure there will be more questions but that will do for now....

Please do not hesitate to ask...:good:

Regards,

Gasper

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread