Quasar mkII (BD-Design)

by Bert @, Thursday, April 15, 2010, 00:33 (5148 days ago) @ xero

Dear Xero,

The signal ends in the brain...and the state of mind at the moment gives that a value.

Everybody should be free to use EQ to their best knowledge though, my main concern is only that digital and/or analogue EQ should not be seen as the holy grail solving all problems as many users tend to suggest...

Everything is a compromise and in acoustics there is simply no easy way out.

There are differences in changing the original signal though (limiting this topic to what EQ does to the frequency curve alone and not to confuse this with the other negative aspects such devices bring).

Compare 2 mike recordings with multi-mike re-mixed recordings...I know what I feel is closer to the original performance.

But let’s stop discussing this issue, I do not feel that I should change the world and tell people what they should do. I only respond to people asking and I do think I have expressed my thoughts enough now in this matter.

I seriously wish all people good luck whenever they start EQ-ing their listening room and hopefully their brains can be fooled with this and hopefully they will be very happy with the achieved compromise.

Cheers,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread