Double ground system (Tweaks)

by JAM @, Monday, May 18, 2009, 10:59 (5451 days ago) @ Bert

How did you guys measure the resistance? I have a 50m. long 25 mm2 copper-clad wire laid out 3m. below ground, in a 25m. long ditch (the wire goes back and forth so that if, by any chance, it should be broken, I will regardless have the same total surface because both ends go into the house.

At this depth, the soil is very moist, especially since some drainage is directed to this area also.

I did this in the same moment as we were changing the water inlet pipes, so it only cost me the price of the wire and a couple of hours work drilling through the concrete wall and fixing a solid copper connection bar on the inside. A very rewarding "tweak" at the price of a few CD's......

My listening room is basically 2m. below ground, steel reinforced concrete floor and walls (insulated and lined with solid pine etc.). The steel reinforcement acts as a "cage" and effectively picks up RF noise. This steel cage is connected to the regular ground system that runs 2m. below ground, all around the house. I am now installing a heavy duty contactor (relay) with a simple remote switch, so that I can connect/disconnect the two ground systems to each other during playing.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread