Double ground system (Tweaks)

by madprofessor ⌂, 27777 Ganderkesee, Germany, Saturday, May 16, 2009, 15:42 (5458 days ago)

Hallo!
I´ve just experimented a bit with the grounding of my rig:
First I´ve to mention some points of the general setup: The Poweramps run on isolation transformers. The preamp and sources run on a battery powered ac- generator.
All audio grounds have no connection, except some very slight capacitive coupling, to the line ground (earth- potential).
I got very good results with the following connection of grounds: All filters are connected to the normal ground, all cases of the units are connected to an extra ground, I build by means of a massive alloy ground anchor, going 1,6 m deep into the soil next to my listening room. That anchor is connected by 3 m of 16 mm² cooper cabele to a very solid steel-bar, which I hammered 3 m deep into the soil. That system is also by 16 mm² copper cable conected to my master ground point near the power distribution. Also the Rack I´m using is connected to that ground.

Sonic results is first much more dynamics, better room(width and depth), more naturalness especially of voices.

In comparison to the price of the material and the work spent, a very nice improvement! Costs were about € 100.- To get the same kind of improvement, for example I had to go from Nordost Heimdal to Audiaz interconnects, which cost me more than 10 times the ground system.

Just ry it yourself!

Best regards
Stephan

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread