Better late than never... (Drive Units)

by Bert @, Saturday, April 04, 2009, 11:56 (5499 days ago) @ chaos

So a Bicor 200 for example will be better a better choice, even with a trace of bass, or with enough and detailed bass?

To me bass is all below 80Hz and the Bicor's do not give much below that range...

The Hedlund gives a good balance (only bass above 50Hz or so!) and a bit more deeper bass can be retrieved from the Big Fun horn as examples. Both these horns are big and that is the only way to get some bass from a Lowther or similar build full-range driver.

What do you mean by a complete new world? A higher quality level? Or 'just' with different soundharacteristics?

Just completely different is most aspects. Best way to experience it is to have a listen to them, from there I can give you hints what to do related to that experience.

My amplifier is a simple 15 watt Audio & Techniek class-A DIY machine (for a newer version, see: http://www.audio.nl/a18.htm), designed by John van der Sluis, used without pre-amplifier and just one CD-player (a Marantz SA CD 7001) connected to it, with VandenHull interlinks.

I do not think that this will be a good combination with a Lowther, especially if you want to hear a complete and balanced sound without colouration.

Cheers,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread